Video Embedding

jharmon949 / 2014-09-16 00:55:50   

Hello All,

I've been going through the forums for the past 2 weeks, and I've found a few different threads that had my question, but the OP ends up resolving the issue without posting how they did it. (or their OP is a little different from mine)

I am new to indexhibit and coding, and I am trying my best here-so forgive me in advance.

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to embed video in my exhibit. I know about vimeo (i don't like how you can see their controls) and youtube, but I'm trying to have videos that play like gifs. (short 7 seconds, no audio, loop, autoplay)

1. Based on previous threads/tutorials on the internet, I've gone about it 2 ways so far.
  2. First: Upload file to ROOT "files" folder (public_html/files). After this, I've gone into my exhibit page and and pasted the quicktime code: 
  3.  <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
  4.   codebase="apple.com/qtactivex/…;
  5.   <param name="src" value="yourfolder/yourmovie.mov" >    
  6. <param name="controller" value="true" >    
  7.   <param name="autoplay" value="false">      
  8.   <object type="video/quicktime" data="yourfolder/yourmovie.mov" width="320" height="255">      
  9.   <param name="controller" value="true" >      
  10.   <param name="autoplay" value="false">     alt : <a href="yourfolder/yourmovie.mov">yourmovie.mov</a>    </object>  </object>   

I've switched out the 'your folder' for my 'files' folder, and have switched 'yourmovie' for the title of my movie. The result is only the plugin, without a movie linked. jenaleeharmon.com/ndxzstudio/

What am I doing wrong here?

The other way I've gone about it is by following the plugin/tutorial on this site: go.yuri.at/video-plugin-for-indexhibit/ which I still have had no luck with.

I would ideally like to use HTML 5, as I would also like to have video backgrounds too, but at this point I just want to figure out how to embed videos onto my exhibits.

jharmon949 / 2014-09-16 00:59:39   

Sorry, brain has been looking at a screen all day and is making errors. Here is the link to my page that I'm attempting to embed video.

jenaleeharmon.com/index.php/archive/smoke/

This thread has been closed, thank you.