Possible to block certain countries from viewing your site?

tachyhon / 2014-09-24 17:25:42   

Strange question, I know. But I am curious if it is possible to block certain countries from viewing my website. I initially contacted my hosting agent and they did not provide that service. However, I have noticed that there are a few online sources that provide HTML codes (some are free, some for a fee).
Curious if anyone here has implemented one of these programs. Do they work with Indexhibit? If so, how do you do it?

thanks!

Vaska A / 2014-09-24 17:29:03   

Why would you want to do that? And, you realize it's easy to get around...

It would theoretically work, to the above degree, on any site. It's not a particular Indexhibit issue though. I actually don't know how to implement this kind of thing (as I've never thought about it).

I don't really encourage this kind of thing.

tachyhon / 2014-09-24 18:38:14   

The reason is due to certain copy-write and the recognition of certain international design patent laws. Some countries honor them, some do not. Id like to protect my work as best as I can while still promoting it.

Vaska A / 2014-09-24 19:30:24   

Ok. I think you need to seek a professional on this front. It's something that I've never looked into. There must be people who understand this stuff better that myself.

This thread has been closed, thank you.