Site trying to use 'unclean' urls

cmrn / 2014-09-30 01:21:00   

wwww.cameroncrawford.info

Hello. I cleaned up my ftp after building and unbuilding different sites, including trying version 2 (all in separate folders). Now all internal links on my site (address above) are attempting to find the unclean url address. Since I have had clean urls for years, those addresses aren't found. To see my pages on the front end, I have to manually enter the clean urls.

I've quintuple checked my .htaccess (including uploading from backups) and likewise checked/reuploaded: ndxzsite/config/options.php ('MODREWRITE', true).

I've also made sure that nothing has changed with my hosting, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't. Other sites I have with the same host have clean urls and are doing well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regardless of all else, thank you for this fantastic service.

Vaska A / 2014-09-30 08:44:16   

Are you sure the .htaccess file is there and that it begins with the .?

You might need the / before the last index.php - which is noted in the tutorial.

cmrn / 2014-09-30 14:40:20   

Thank you for your fast response.

I do have the .htaccessfile, and it does have the '.'

I also added the /before the last index.php already. I also tried adding #Fix Rewrite
Options -Multiviews
to the end of .htaccess, as suggested in the forum 1 year ago.

All sadly to no effect.

cmrn / 2014-10-05 18:28:22   

After unsuccessfully trying other things, I realize that I might have been unclear in my phrasing earlier. My site uses clean urls, and has for years. All my pages are clean urls (eg: cameroncrawford.info/3d/…)

Further, the related link codes are correct (eg: '>Babies. Babies. No Babies. (armpit)).

Could this mean that I've defined my base url incorrectly? Or did I mess up plug:ndxz_rewriter? Something else?

Thanks!

cmrn / 2014-10-05 19:35:12   
  1. Sorry, was an idiot, didn't understand code tags:
  2. example 1: cameroncrawford.info/3d/…
  1. example 2: <%obj_name%><a href='<%baseurl%><plug:ndxz_rewriter url='/3d/babies-babies-no-babies-armpit/>Babies. Babies. No Babies. (armpit)</a>

Vaska A / 2014-10-06 13:04:51   

What is your site supposed to be - /3d/ or just the base url.

I don't understand how you have setup your main page navigation - it appears in the #content space and looks like it's html you input manually (if that's the case then you likely have some issues there).

cmrn / 2014-10-14 12:58:09   

Resolved. Thank you, Vaska. You were of course correct, I did move my navigation into the content space years ago, and the problem was in that html. Thank you for your help and patience. I will buy the new version today in gratitude.

1. In case it helps anybody else:
  2. When I built my site, my understanding (likely incorrect) was that to write html for local links within indexhibit, that they had to look like this:
  3. <%obj_name%><a href='<%baseurl%><plug:ndxz_rewriter url='/aboutnews/>About and News</a>
  4. I figured that this was something special about indexhibit, and the links worked, so I didn't think twice about it. In trying to deal with my issues, I searched all over for what the obj_name, the baseurl, and the plug were doing or referring to, and couldn't figure it out. So I decided to try just deleting all of that and writing the local links as one would on any other website:
  5. <a href="aboutnews/>"About and News</a>
  6. Now everything works, I feel foolish. I don't know how I started writing local links the wrong way, and I don't know why they worked for so long. But I'm endlessly grateful for indexhibit, and for your help, Vaska. 
cmrn / 2014-10-14 12:58:46   

... And I still don't know how to use code tags, apparently.

This thread has been closed, thank you.