Visual Index with Masonry Layout and/or Slideshow Functionality?

mrshankly2011 / 2014-10-08 17:52:01   

Has anyone figured out a way to integrate Masonry into the Visual Index? I'd like to be able to style the thumbs page with clean vertical columns and fixed width rather than height. I just heard of this new-ish CSS thing called flexbox. I have some reading to do to see if that would work, but has anyone tried to integrate this to the V-Index?

Also, the permalinks slideshow page in the existing Visual Index does not have transitions or the ability to click image to advance. Can this be easily altered, or is that a whole complicated thing?

Thanks

Vaska A / 2014-10-08 18:05:37   

No, Permalinks is peramlinks - it can't really have transitions without entirely remaking the template.

You are welcome to try to integrate Masonry. I've tried in the past and it just didn't work well enough for me. The Documenta format does something similar...but not the same.

I've been reading about flexbox too but haven't done anything with it yet.

mrshankly2011 / 2014-10-08 18:29:36   

Thanks. Back in 0.73, you had a format called exhibit.slidethumbcombo.php, which seemed to integrate the Slideshow and VI. Anything like that coming up soon?

Vaska A / 2014-10-08 18:49:42   

Yes, and it's better. I'm fighting to get it finished...

I've had so much support duties around here lately - I'm doing everything I can to get a nice update out the door really soon.

mrshankly2011 / 2014-10-08 19:07:14   

Great! Thanks.

Tell everyone to leave you alone. Except me, of course.

mrshankly2011 / 2014-10-12 03:32:03   

I just found this, but don't know if it is possible to implement into the V-Index.

nitinhayaran.github.io/Justified.js/demo/

If so, can someone get me started? Unfortunately, I'm not great at coding, but I can piece things together if I know where they need to go. I cannot use the default VI because my images are not uniform in their dimensions, and I don't want the thumbs cropped. That leaves Masonry or Justified ( I prefer the latter, actually).

This thread has been closed, thank you.