Dreamhost updated php server - Error Empty file upload result for videos

cnitsch / 2014-10-11 20:19:23   

Dreamhost updated their servers to Ubuntu and updated my php server to version 5.4
I originally used php.ini to modify the default upload limit (7mb) that was set by the host. Version 5.4 doesn't use php.ini
It uses phprc instead.
I've set it up phprc, following their wiki and it still doesn't seem to be working.
I've set my max upload to 500mb's and timeout at 900 and attempt to upload a 16mb web optimized video, but it fails every time.

Anyone want to take a look at it or have any advice?
Vaska, I saw your thread in regards to databases with long names, but my database name is short.
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/21363/

here is the site with the specific page i'm trying to post to.
alysonshotz.com/li-ka-shing-center-for-learning-and-knowledge/

Vaska A / 2014-10-11 20:37:29   

Don't they allow you to choose which version of PHP you are using? That would resolve the problem immediately - continuing with what worked before.

Is the timeout an Indexhibit issue though? That sounds like a server issue...

cnitsch / 2014-10-11 21:11:46   

Hi Vaska,

So are you saying that Error Empty file upload result is a timeout issue?
I've seen this topic answered here before and the answer was that the max upload needed to be changed on the server.

They do allow the version to be chosen, but at some point it was changed to v5.4
Do you have an answer for v 5.4?
I'm honestly not sure where the problem originates. So you think it's the server and nothing more?

Ian

cnitsch / 2014-10-11 21:13:46   

Oh. I just looked and noticed that dreamhost requires you to have a private server if you want to mod v5.2
That is not cost effective for most people.

Vaska A / 2014-10-11 21:29:05   

And 5.3? What were you on previously?

I don't know exactly where the problem would be...

cnitsch / 2014-10-11 21:47:13   

It was on v5.2 and someone moved it to v5.3. I assume because dreamhost no longer supports v5.2 mods on shared servers?
not sure. or there are too many cooks in the kitchen and some other web designer updated it. this is an artist's website and she's had a few people work on it.

I had a php.ini file edited with a max upload of 500mb set for v5.2
someone moved it to v5.3, I created a phprc file and it's not working. I then moved it to v5.4 to see if it would recitfy the issue and it has not.

cnitsch / 2014-10-11 21:54:06   

sorry!
Let me re-write this.

It was on v5.2 with a modified php.ini file and was working fine.

Someone (not sure who) updated it v5.3 and it was no longer working. I noticed that v5.3 and higher requires phprc and not php.ini

I created the phprc file with modified max uploads, but it is not working. Every video I upload returns the "Empty file upload result".

I then switched it to v5.4 to see if it would help and it has not.

Vaska A / 2014-10-11 22:38:22   

I don't know...this is server issue stuff...

I've not seen any specific issues running on 5.3 or 5.4 or even 5.5.

This thread has been closed, thank you.