password protect on page not working?

katieh / 2014-10-15 20:32:12   

Hi,

I post a lot of portfolio photos on my site that is for client's view only. I use the password option to protect these pages when the link is clicked; viewer has to enter password before viewing. Its a great feature, I love it! I make one page where I upload and organize all the photos and then have a (password protected) link to those pages from my main site.

However I just added my most recent page, and I entered a password on the page options as usual, however when i test it, after clicking the link the password prompt does not appear. I can't figure out why the password protection is somehow deactivated. I need it to work! any advice? thank you.

this is my main site
giraffesonfilm.com

this is a password protected link thats working, when you click VIEW PHOTOS
giraffesonfilm.com/features/trouble-dolls/

this one, when you click VIEW PHOTOS, my "photosCC" page which is supposed to have the password to get to, it just bypasses that!
giraffesonfilm.com/features/creative-control/

katieh / 2014-10-15 21:08:21   

i will add that in my ndxzstudio, where all my pages are listed for editing/preview, there is the little lock symbol next to the page I am trying to password protect, indicating that it is indeed protected. However when testing it (while logged in or just opening the page in a browser), it does not prompt for the password.

Vaska A / 2014-10-15 22:44:13   

It works for me just fine - I see password prompts.

katieh / 2014-10-15 22:49:56   

hmm..... glad to hear that, and relieved because I can't find anything I did different on this page than all the ones that worked... it still doesn't prompt for me, and I also tried closing & restarting my browser... maybe it will at some point?? just weird.

Anyway thanks very much for letting me know, Vaska. much appreciated

Vaska A / 2014-10-15 22:56:03   

Rebooting your app won't change things because it uses a cookie.

You can easily test it. Simply change the password on that page and see what happens. It's possible that somehow you had already logged in on that page...

This thread has been closed, thank you.