can't navigate or change anything in my indexhibit menu, it keeps directing me to the login page

girela85 / 2014-10-16 01:07:18   

Hi my name is Carlos, I've had this problem for 3 days already, I found some threads that talk about the issue but any of them helped me to solve the problem.

Every time I click in any section of my indexhibit dashboard menu it takes me to the login page, I re enter my login info but still doesn't let me do anything, can't change, upload or modify any section of the dashboard.

I've tried repairing my data bases on phpMy Admin, clearing the stats tables and nothing... please I need help!

Vaska A / 2014-10-16 11:43:12   

What is your site - show us?

Vaska A / 2014-10-16 11:45:58   

Actually, I read that wrong...

This can be caused by a variety of things...

Most common, your database is not saving data (in this case the login hash). This happens because the database is either out of space, corrupt or most likely the db user account is messed up.

You can create a new db user, give it all privileges, apply it to your site database and then update the /ndxzsite/config/config.php with the new database user string.

Other things that can cause this is a hacked website (look for weird code at the beginning on your index.php files) - which you can clean up or restore your backup.

girela85 / 2014-10-16 18:44:31   

Hi Vaka, thanks so much for your answer, my database seems to have plenty of free space so I don't think thats the problem, I'm gonna try creating a new db user, like you said, should I use phpMy Admin for that? could you give me the steps I should follow? sorry I'm not really an expert on this, I will also check my index.php files for weird code but I'm not sure if im gonna be able to recognize it since I have no idea about coding..

Thanks!
Best
Carlos

girela85 / 2014-10-16 20:13:33   

I created a new db user and added it to my site database with all the privileges, changed and replaced the config.php file and now my website doesn't work neither, please I need help, is there any way I can I send you all the info by private email Vaka?

Thanks so much
Best
Carlos

girela85 / 2014-10-16 22:49:47   

I also have tried copying all the tables from my site's data base to paste them in a new data base that I've created under a new db user, still nothing happens, I keep getting the same error.....

Please help anybody???

Vaska A / 2014-10-17 09:57:19   

Don't you have a backup of your site? You could restore that...I guess it won't resolve the first issue though.

It's clearly a database connection issue - no idea what happened the first time around...

girela85 / 2014-10-17 17:03:25   

Hi Vaka, thanks for your answer, I do have a back up and I've tried restoring but the problem keeps happening, my site works but I can't modify anything in my indexhibit dashboard, I also have tried different things with the db's in phpMyAdmin but can't find the issue, I really don't know what to do next...

Vaska A / 2014-10-17 17:43:25   

It's hard for me to reach into everybody's site when they have these kinds of after install problems. I'm not doing the work I should be doing around here - which is putting out a new update and even some features. And, while I like helping people and I'm grateful that people have purchases Indexhibit it's killing me.

I could be a jerk about it and not help you personally or ask you to pay the 50euro/hour fee for that service...but I hate doing that.

So, send me your FTP, hosting login and studio login and I'll fix it. It's friday night though...it might take me a little time to get to this over the weekend.

Thanks

support at indexhibit dot org

girela85 / 2014-10-17 18:02:43   

I totally understand Vaka and I'm really grateful you are willing to take the time to take a look into it, I sent you all the info in an email yesterday, did you receive it? also here's my personal email address in case you need anything else, ccgirela@gmail.com

Again THANKS soooo much for helping me out with this, I truly appreciate it.

All my best
Carlos

Vaska A / 2014-10-17 19:16:59   

Please send me the info again...

girela85 / 2014-10-17 23:41:06   

Hi Vaska, I just sent it again, let me know if you need anything else, thanks!!

girela85 / 2014-10-20 16:57:32   

Hi Vaka, just wanted to confirm that you have received all the info I sent you, please let me know if you need anything else. thanks, best, Carlos

Vaska A / 2014-10-20 17:07:28   

I'm looking at it right now...

Vaska A / 2014-10-20 17:24:26   

I went in...fiddled with everything...changed php versions...changed them back...setup clean urls (because I was there)...reuploaded the ndxzstudio folder...created a db user and gave it all privileges...attached it to the database...

Nothing worked. Then I gave up.

And then, it worked.

So, it's definitely not the php version or the database or the database user or the clean urls or anything else I did.

Actually, I think it might have been a damaged file - so reuploading worked.

VERY VERY strange...but at least you are back in action. ;)

girela85 / 2014-10-20 19:11:08   

wow, that sounds like a really strange case, anyway, thanks sooooo much for figuring it out, you're the best!!

This thread has been closed, thank you.