Router Err 1

Tom_Parker / 2014-10-28 03:55:00   

Hello,

I am getting the "Router Err 1" message when calling /ndxzstudio in my browser in an attempt to login. My site is still live and working perfectly. After reading this thread (indexhibit.org/forum/thread/19520/), I cannot spot any files missing, etc. I wasn't using FTP when the error seemed to happen.

What files can I re-upload in an attempt to fix the problem without affecting the live site? Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.

Vaska A / 2014-10-28 04:00:02   

You are just installing? Have you ever logged in before? Did your host recently upgrade the server?

Try reuploading only the 'ndxzstudio' folder/files.

Tom_Parker / 2014-10-28 05:09:45   

Hi Vaska— no, not a new install. I have had the site up for a couple years and logged in, made changes many times.

I just reuploaded the ndxzstudio folder and the issue persists.

Any idea what it might be? Checking with host if there were any upgrades recently.

Vaska A / 2014-10-28 12:03:00   

I had a similar problem - it's rather obscure. It has to do with database collation and some odd server setting.

Ask them if they updated MySQL just before this started happening...

Tom_Parker / 2014-10-29 01:08:25   

Apparently there has been no MySQL update recently.

Are there any files other than those in the ndxzstudio folder that I could try replace before I completely reinstall?

Tom_Parker / 2014-10-29 02:58:45   

Weirder still, if I go to /ndxzstudio/?a=exhibits — I am able to operate as usual (obviously logged in from previous session). Any clues how to fix this appreciated.

Vaska A / 2014-10-29 03:30:14   

You are logged in without logging in? It does save your login with cookies for future visits...

Reupload your 'ndxzstudio' folder. It's a good idea to backup before you do anything at this point, as well.

Tom_Parker / 2014-10-30 03:30:09   

Okay, so I reuploaded the 'ndxzstudio' folder again and nothing changed.

On another computer—from which I have never logged in—I visited /ndxzstudio and I was presented with Router Err 1. I then visited /ndxzstudio/?a=exhibits and I was presented with the login screen. It seems the only problem is the /ndxzstudio page won't give me login capabilities, which is what I am used to. Beyond this, my site is operating just fine.

Obviously I am okay for now, but if you have ideas on how to remedy this one corrupted page/file, please let me know.

And as always, thanks for all your help !

Vaska A / 2014-10-30 21:14:07   

hmmm...i'm not sure what's really going on here. i still feel that something is off with the server...

send me your studio login and ftp and i'll take a look. send me your hosting login too - maybe i'll have to dig into the database.

support at indexhibit dot org

This thread has been closed, thank you.