upload files from FTP

ec01 / 2014-11-03 04:38:20   

Hi,
I am able to upload images from my computer (upload files>add files). But I would like to know how to upload images/files from my FTP server.

i tried this:
, it works when i am in documenta format but I can not have them in slideshow.

Questions:
1- What is the best way to upload images in documenta and visual index format using my FTP

2- How can I have a slideshow without having the initial page with a grid of thumbnails ( i would like to pass directly to the images)

3- And , how to create a slideshow without any menu (of back/next), where the images will "run" by themselves.

Thank you in advance,

Vaska A / 2014-11-03 09:17:00   

1. FTP? You use the Indexhibit uploader for that...

2. Search the forum for Slideshow (there is a beta in here).

3. Auto slideshow? Customization...it's not something that we've ever released but you might find some hackery code in the forum with a search that might be of help (beware of using people's code though - may or may not actually work).

ec01 / 2014-11-03 12:34:25   

Hi Vaska,

thank you very much.
About:
1- FTP? I am actually using the indexhibit uploader ( upload files: add files) which connects directly with my comp.I thought all my img files for my webpage should be located in my FTP webserver and the imgs files will be upload from there. So I am doing ok?!

2- I will do a closer search in the forum.

thank you very much!

Vaska A / 2014-11-04 14:22:02   

1. The uploader is not FTP - two different things.

dragoshanciu / 2014-11-24 16:37:39   

Hello

I also want to know how to upload files through ftp because indexhibit won”t let me upload files bigger that 100kb

Vaska A / 2014-11-24 17:28:00   

I don't understand what you mean?

You don't load files into Indexhibit with FTP - we built an uploader in the studio. The default max size is 200kb - if you are having problems at 100kb something is really wrong...

You can change the default max size - have a quick search in our forum for instructions.

dragoshanciu / 2014-11-25 06:56:27   

It”s ok now.
But a lot of my photos are not loading. I changed the maximum filesize to 500kb. If I choose the Horizontal exhibit format, I get this message for most of my photos
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drahan3/dragoshanciu.com/ndxzsite/plugin/format.horizontal.php on line 277

Take a look please dragoshanciu.com/photography/portraits/

Vaska A / 2014-11-25 08:35:46   

You have some naming issues of your files. Try removing blank spaces and ( ) from the titles and I bet they will work...

dragoshanciu / 2014-11-25 15:26:10   

Problem resolved.
thank you

This thread has been closed, thank you.