Error message: Warning: Cannot modify header information

allisongibbs / 2015-01-22 11:24:05   

Hi There,

I have a pretty new website allisongibbs

Yesterday I couldn't access it all. It came up with a "Forbidden from this server" notification.

I contacted my host (Hostroute) who informed me the website must have been hacked, and they restored my access to the site from my IP address.

However, now there is the following text on every page;

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/allisong/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/allisong/public_html/ndxzstudio/lib/page.php on line 92

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/allisong/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/allisong/public_html/index.php on line 166

Hostroute responded as follows;

"Well that is why I mentioned to restore your website, because it was hacked?
That could be from everything, please make sure you have cleaned the website, otherwise it will end up disabled again."

Is this the recommended / only way to get rid of the text? If yes, how do I "restore" and "clean" the whole website?

I'd also be keen to hear why this might have happened in the first place. I am not knowledgable enough to go changing css around. The only thing i can think of is that I put google analytics tracking code into each page of the website, as it wasnt showing up in google searches, and still isn't in fact. I wonder whether this could be part of the issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks, Allison

Vaska A / 2015-01-22 14:13:24   

Unfortunately sites do get hacked. If you made a backup of your site you could simply reupload those files and it would erase the problem.

If not, you will need to reupload your files or go through each index.php file through your site and find the bad code.

Reuploading, you must avoid the following:

/files/
/ndxzsite/config/

And, if you have made any customizations you will want to avoid those as well. You really must backup your site before you do anything - even with the hacked code in there.

Showing up on Google is something else - that isn't an Indexhibit issue and you need to give things time before Google displays your site (after setting up Analytics).

This thread has been closed, thank you.