Blank White Page

arthurprior / 2015-02-05 13:42:08   

Hi, I have a problem with my site, well, both of them actually. They both appear as a blank white page. This happened after I changed the database passwords. I understand that I have to change these passwords in config.php and I have done this. But the error persists. I have read all of the pages describing similar blank page issues but I have not had much joy. My server provider, Bluehost, insists that everything is running correctly at their end. One technician pointed out that the config.php file was causing the problem but I have checked and double checked and re-uploaded and I can't see anything wrong with it.

Safari's debugger has reported this error:
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) (arthurprior.com, line 0)

I understand this is a general error message but does this mean the error is within the database or within the server?

My websites are:

arthurprior.com
constanzadessain.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arthur

arthurprior / 2015-02-05 13:58:05   

[05-Feb-2015 06:55:31] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home6/arthurpr/public_html/ndxzsite/config/config.php on line 5

I have been pointed to this error...

arthurprior / 2015-02-05 14:14:40   

Fixed it! You would not believe now silly this mistake was.

I was using text edit on mac to change the password. When I opened the config file in sublime text i realised that the ' symbol was a slightly different comma to the others and changed it accordingly. How ridiculous!

This thread has been closed, thank you.