problem with Visual Index thumbnails and permalinks

Foscarini / 2015-05-27 13:16:58   

I have 87 images in an exhibit I set to Visual Index for preview and permalinks on-click. Everything was fine until I changed the thumbnail settings a few times (not the Image Max Size), now there's a lot of chaos.

I want the thumbnails to show with a max size of 225px and natural shape, and the images to show in full size when clicked. Now the permalinks all use new image files with a "20_" prefix that come in 3 different sizes with only a few having the original full size. The thumbnails have different sizes, too, some thumbnails are wrong, some are missing -- first their file references appeared in their place while the referenced files were in the gimgs folder, then I deleted these files hoping they would be regenerated (which they were with different names while the references didn't change and are dead now) ...

My question: Is there a workaround that saves me from having to delete all and upload (and re-label!) the 87 images anew? Is there a way to edit the file references for each permalink and each thumbnail in order to settle the sizes and get rid of those "dead" links?

The exhibit can be found here: atelier-brandner.de/index.php/oelbilder/farbabstraktionen/ Scroll down to see the dead links and wrong (duplicated) thumbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vaska A / 2015-05-27 13:21:28   

You should not have to reupload because it appears the original images are there.

Simply tab on the 225px thumbnail button and the images should regenerate.

Vaska A / 2015-05-27 13:21:54   

Don't delete images that way again, too. There is no reason for it...

Foscarini / 2015-05-27 14:13:45   

I tabbed on the 225px thumbnail button a few more times and now the full size permalinks are all fine, just the missing/wrong thumbnails are not being regenerated ...

Vaska A / 2015-05-27 14:19:16   

1 - Change the thumbnail shape.
2 - Change the thumbnail size.
3 - Wait two minutes.
4 - Change the thumbnail shape (back to what you want).
5 - Change the thumbnail size (back to what you want).

See if they regenerate this time...

Foscarini / 2015-05-27 15:25:02   

They don't. Actually, I've done exactly this multiple times already ... up to some point it looked like it yielded different results each time, for quite a while now it looks like the system got stuck on these missing "th-20_" links you can see near the bottom of the page.

Vaska A / 2015-05-27 15:25:59   

It has worked in the past, right?

What did you do just before it stopped working?

Foscarini / 2015-06-02 11:28:14   

Right, it has worked in the past.

What I did before it stopped working: I changed the settings for thumbnail size and shape a few times around quickly in order to demonstrate the options to the client who was standing next to me. When the changes didn't show on the page fast enough, I "enforced" them by switching the buttons back and forth again and reloading the page until something changed. After I had switched to the favored setting (of 225px natural-shaped thumbnails), the page contained these dead references (while the referenced files were in the folder). I tried deleting and regenerating these files a couple times, but to no avail.

This thread has been closed, thank you.