Problem customizing CSS, getting "No direct script access allowed" error message in index.php

ashleygarrettny / 2015-06-13 00:38:33   

Hi there. I set up a subdomain for my website earlier today to start transferring my old website to Indexhibit, and everything was working really great until I started trying to customize the css. I followed the installation video to the letter, no issues there at all.

test.ashleygarrett.com

I've uploaded some images and changed the Index sections, and changed the exhibit view to over and over, which I really like. I'd like to be able to customize the links on the left. I have the permissions on the style.css file set to 777 and have tried editing in both Indexhibit's editor and a text editor on my computer and then uploading via FTP. A simple change, like text color, no big. Every time I try to make a simple change all of the styling gets lost and the content crams to the top left of the browser window (and loses all the styling in the default theme too). I get this error message: Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/ashley/public_html/test/ndxzstudio/module/system/index.php on line 6816 and in the editor where all the css styling was is a blank window.

When I open that index.php file in the module folder in a text editor I get this: I've searched the forum and tried an earlier suggestion, which was to do this:

- backup your /ndxz-studio/ folder
- reupload everything in the folder EXCEPT:
-- /ndxz-studio/config/
-- /ndxz-studio/site/
-- /ndxz-studio/defaults.php

And I also re-uploaded the entire ndxsite folder except the config folder. Nothing's worked. I've tried disabling all the plugins, making a new theme and customizing that, doing everything locally in a text editor and then uploading, I keep getting the same error. I'm so frustrated!!!!!! I'm really excited to start customizing this, I'd love some help!!

ashleygarrettny / 2015-06-13 23:09:11   

Sorry, I meant to finish this sentence…

When I open that index.php file in the module folder in a text editor I get this:

I tried reuploading the index.php into that module folder and changing the permissions to 755, still doesn't work. :(

ashleygarrettny / 2015-06-13 23:18:01   

Yikes, sorry about that. Here it is:

php if (!defined('SITE')) exit('No direct script access allowed

Does this problem have something to do with htaccess?

ashleygarrettny / 2015-06-14 23:51:50   

Can anyone help? I just tried adding another subdomain and reinstalling a clean version and I'm still getting the same result.

This thread has been closed, thank you.