Site not showing.

slumgothic / 2015-07-30 14:46:38   

Hi there,

The URL for the site in question is:

slumgothic.co.uk/

The issue is that the site yesterday started showing that there was an internal server error for my site. I got in touch with my server provider (MediaTemple), whom after running diagnostics came to the conclusion that the issue is with indexhibit and not an issue with the server itself (it was showing as a server issue because apparently no content was being sent to the server? He created a test page, which worked). My server provider then tried to isolate exactly what the issue was and came up with this:

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /nfs/c03/h01/mnt/81065/domains/slumgothic.co.uk/html/ndxz-studio/defaults.php on line 16

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /nfs/c03/h01/mnt/81065/domains/slumgothic.co.uk/html/ndxz-studio/common.php on line 73

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /nfs/c03/h01/mnt/81065/domains/slumgothic.co.uk/html/ndxz-studio/common.php on line 93

Which led him to believe that the issue is that the software needs updating. Now, I dont use a computer program to update my content, I do it all online. I noticed at the bottom of my page that I'm running version 0.7, and that the most up to date version is v2; does this sound like it could be the issue?

Is so, how does upgrading from 0.7 to v2 work exactly? Will I need to back up my content in some way or other? I have searched the forum but frankly I'm rather useless with computer stuff and I'm really hoping someone can shine some light on what is already soon descending into a nightmare afternoon!

Many thanks

slumgothic / 2015-07-30 16:24:19   

Okay, so, I worked out which section of my site had the issue by individually previewing all sections. I narrowed the issue down to my home page and then slowly took parts of the text out to narrow it down further. I came to the conclusion that it appears to be a simple word quota issue, i.e. the page had too much text on it: is this a "thing" that happens? It reaches a certain point where it just doesn't work?

This thread has been closed, thank you.