Auto-import of old site didn't work

evanstravers / 2015-08-13 22:06:59   

Hi there, I recently upgraded from Legacy to 2.0, but for some reason the auto-import of my old site wasn't successful during the upgrade, and I'm left with a blank site (evanstravers.com). I'm not against just re-assembling it from scratch (as it wasn't so great in the first place), but it would save me some work to get my old exhibits back, as the files are all still there on the server. I wanted to check first to see if there was a work-around for my situation. Thanks for any help you're able to provide!

Vaska A / 2015-08-13 22:08:46   

You created a new database didn't you, right?

Or changed something about the login/password...

evanstravers / 2015-08-13 22:15:16   

I did not create a new database, I just re-connected the old one. I'm guessing then it over-wrote the old one and I'm S.O.L?

evanstravers / 2015-08-13 22:16:13   

I did not create a new database, I just upgraded the old one to PHP5 and re-connected it. I'm guessing then it over-wrote the old one and now I'm S.O.L?

evanstravers / 2015-08-13 22:17:14   

Eeep sorry for the double reply.

Vaska A / 2015-08-13 22:17:23   

It doesn't delete the old data - it simply creates a new set of tables and goes from there.

But, if I got to ndxz-studio (your old site) the connection is dead. Something is wrong there...and maybe be what caused the import to fail.

Vaska A / 2015-08-13 22:18:28   

If you put your old index.php file in the root your old site will appear - but not if something happened to the db connection. It's worth trying just as a test...

BACKUP YOUR FILES NOW THOUGH.

evanstravers / 2015-08-13 22:22:12   

Gotcha, I don't see the old site on my FTP anymore either. I must have accidentally deleted it while I was swapping stuff (go me). I did back ndxz-studio up to my system though - if I re-upload that folder and try the upgrade process again might it work?

Vaska A / 2015-08-14 11:22:06   

You need the old ndxz-studio folder to be on your server for it to import the data to the new - that's the trigger. You weren't upgrading otherwise...just installing the new.

This thread has been closed, thank you.