Editing a section via html

hanni / 2016-06-07 18:53:20   
  1. <!-- text and image -->
  2. <p>S.</p>

25,0 x 24,0 cm

01/2015

1. <!-- end text and image -->
hanni / 2016-06-07 18:54:17   

oh man.. sorry! just dont get how to show my code!

Vaska A / 2016-06-07 19:29:19   

What is your question actually? You need to use code tags to paste code - but it's probably not that important.

You don't edit sections. Do you mean editing a section page?

hanni / 2016-06-07 19:44:04   

I thought I did use code tags, but the whole middle part of the posted code isnt showing.

The question I typed about in my first thread was: Which file do I edit / add code to when I want to make a plugin work for a section page?

I wanted to test whether the zoom plugin I was trying to put up the last days can work with one of my projects, that I have in a section.
I used the debugger to make out the part I want to edit, but dont know which file I have to open and edit (when wanting to test the plugin not for all the images on my page but only the ones in a specific section/project.

Vaska A / 2016-06-07 19:47:14   

That's complicated...

Exhibit formats are stored in /ndxzsite/plugins/ section. It should be obvious for you to access the one you need (they are named pretty well).

As far as implementing the zoom plugin - you would need to make a format, or edit a format or edit the template directly (which I don't recommend). If you can understand the syntax it's not so hard - but these things are hard to debug (javascript in general is like that).

hanni / 2016-06-07 20:00:21   

uff.. when i go to /ndxzsite/plugins/ I dont see 'section', just the plugins.

Another thing is, I placed the file for the zoom into the js folder on my root/ndxzsite/js. Still my jacascript-file contains html-information, and I dont know how to make it look like the file of the plugin developer:
jacklmoore.com/js/…

Vaska A / 2016-06-07 20:02:05   

You aren't going to see the section - those things happen in the database. Indexhibit isn't a flat file system.

I don't know anything about that plugin or how to implement it. Certainly they must have instructions on their site.

hanni / 2016-06-07 20:09:57   

last try.. i would like to edit this part here:
fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/…

Vaska A / 2016-06-07 20:11:53   

Yes, that is the output from the exhibit format itself - everything happens from there. You need to understand PHP and Javascript to be able to customize those things.

hanni / 2016-06-07 20:15:12   

do you maybe mean that when I'm using the 'over and over' format that I will find the marked part in the format.over_and_over.php ?

Vaska A / 2016-06-07 20:15:46   

Yes.

hanni / 2016-06-07 20:24:05   

okay.. i dont find the specific part.

you wrote: "As far as implementing the zoom plugin - you would need to make a format, or edit a format or edit the template directly (which I don't recommend)."

what is the difference in editing a format oder editing the template directly? when i would edit the over and over php it would be editing it directly? i have someone who helps me a little bit with writing the css and all that for the plugin; its just that i need to find out where to edit things the right way..

thanks for you patience. its just so frustrating.

Vaska A / 2016-06-07 20:31:26   

It is frustrating because it does require some skill. This is why I can't help people much with customization - it's alot of work. It's more than just saying 'edit that file' - you have to understand what's in the file and I can't do that for you.

hanni / 2016-06-07 20:33:31   

alright, but thank you for for responding and explaining.

hanni / 2016-06-08 10:36:53   

Hello...
can someone maybe give me a little hint, where I could add this code

fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/…

to test the zoom function on a specific image temporarily? i guess it should be placed into the file where the original images are beeing called from, somewhere in the main content area?

This thread has been closed, thank you.