Issue trying to customize anything inside 'site.com/ndxzstudio/'

rocheknows / 2016-12-10 22:21:47   

Anytime I try and change something in preferences / admin and click update, it just reverts back to how it was.

I can't upload images either - It's either saying file too big (even for ~300kb images) or just won't show up in page editor.

This is my attempt at using Indexhibit, and I've tried to re-install 3 times to rectify my issues with no luck.

I'm also new to FTP clients / databases etc, so It might be an issue on that front.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

Tom - tomroche.co

Vaska A / 2016-12-10 22:41:46   

1. Sounds like it's not saving to the database. There are a ton of threads here about stuff like that. Maybe you are on a too new version of the server (php7?) or something is not set right with your database privileges (hosting issue). An updated Indexhibit will be out next week but I don't know if it will alleviate these problems.

2. That is too big. There are threads around here about how you can change the upload limit. This was set originally because alot of webhosts have issues the larger your images get.

3. FTP is a very good thing to understand - it's worth it in the big picture (even excluding Indexhibit) to know how to use it. Same goes for databases but with a decent webhost you don't need to know much.

rocheknows / 2016-12-10 22:52:42   

Brilliant, Thanks very much for your help / suggestions!
Tom

Vaska A / 2016-12-11 00:42:47   

Re-read #1 above - I had to edit because of a brainfart. ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.