retina resolution

tinyshocks / 2017-01-13 00:19:01   

Hi all, has anyone come up with a solution to Retina display resolution? I'm a photographer with terrible looking resolution on hi-res screens on my site, this isn't supportable for long...

The easy way out seems to me to be (and I know nothing about programming to be sure) to allow users to double their upload file size to 400kb and use the image size editing dialogue box on the preview to downsize the images on the site. It seems it would gain the advantage of 1/2 sizing image display with CSS I've read about. This is primitive for sure but it will work for me for now.

Is this possible to do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm desperate not to leave Indexhibit at this time but the resolution issue is untenable. Thanks,
J. Matt
tinyshocks.com

Vaska A / 2017-01-13 00:44:15   

The easy way is already possible and has been for years. The newest version allows you to adjust the upload size via plugin.

But, the rest isn't as easy. I want to completely renovate Indexhibit later this year to make all of that possible.

Vaska A / 2017-01-13 00:46:41   

I could add...I'm not working on Indexhibit full-time anymore (for the obvious reasons) but it is on my list to renovate the exhibit format architecture. This could be a step in the right direction towards retina.

I'm around...my ears are open...

tinyshocks / 2017-01-17 21:55:06   

Thanks Vaska, sorry to be slow to check this, was hit by the flu. I will check out that plug-in option in the newest version. I'll have to install it on the site and will search around your site to see how that is done. I am unfortunately a user not a programmer type— I hope it is within my ability! Thanks again,
J

tinyshocks / 2017-01-17 22:02:11   

PS: Where do I find the download and can I skip the intermediate upgrade? Thanks Vaska, I appreciate your help & programming to help those of us who don't program get up on the web1

tinyshocks / 2017-01-17 22:03:53   

Ok, found the download, intermediate version question still stands....

tinyshocks / 2017-02-05 04:55:20   

Probably shouting into the void but got through the update, dealing with the Retina/ hi rez redo of images. Thanks for the help here.
J

diogomelo / 2017-03-28 17:38:52   

Hi there,

change the $default['thumbsize'] = array(400 => 400, 800 => 800); to the sizes (real + retina) you want (in my case 400px for thumbnail width)

Upload the images with the 800 "Thumbnail Max Size" selected then return to exhibit settings and select 400.

;)

tinyshocks / 2017-06-08 23:02:50   

Thanks diogomelo, I am not sure I am qualified to tackle this with your suggestion, I get the gist of it but there's some mystery still. I'll get on it though and totally appreciate your solution!!
J

This thread has been closed, thank you.