can't login anymore, page stays blank

evl / 2017-01-26 21:05:28   

Hello,
My host just updated to php7 and this made my complete website invisible, including the login page.
Now I have replaced the ndxzstudio file like the update info told me, but still get a blank page when I try to login on ericavanloon.nl/ndxzstudio/. How do I get to the 'studio' page that the instructions talk about?
I've been on this the whole day. Made back-ups, tried to replace the whole thing from scratch, called my webiste's host, but without success.
Would be super grateful if someone point me in the right direction! thanks :)

Vaska A / 2017-01-26 21:59:34   

You have to be careful - keep a backup.

From the error message on the front page of your site - something is wrong with the database connection. I would check the connection strings in /ndxzsite/config/config.php and make 100% sure they are correct (I'm betting they aren't though).

Otherwise, something isn't write with the database...not sure what to say about that.

evl / 2017-01-27 19:04:32   

Thank you for your quick reply Vaska!
I'm a bit of a newbie in all this backstage website stuff and learning a lot while doing:)
What do you mean by checking the connection strings. How do I do this?
(I'm suspecting it won't help that my host uses windowservers, but maybe that gives a hint in where to look for the problem?)

evl / 2017-02-22 20:46:39   

Update: I have changed to a new host, with Linux servers!
Installing the whole thing almost from scratch.
Just trying to see what I can transfer in terms of text and image files...
A hell of a job, specially with the settings. But happy to report that at least I have visible content on my website again! :)

This thread has been closed, thank you.