Index disappears after 2.1.5 update

jeffreysimmons / 2018-02-12 16:49:28   

I updated jeffreysimmonsstudio.com">jeffreysimmonsstudio to 2.1.5 yesterday afternoon after reading the recent newsletter. The update caused the index to disappear from my site; only the title, pre-nav and post-nav text remained. I restored the site entirely from a backup and, through trial and error, determined the problem to be the plugin.index.php file in /ndxzsite. At present my website has all of the 2.1.5 updates except for plugin.index.php; I'm using the older version of that. It is working, but I don't know whether this solution is appropriate for the long term.

jeffreysimmons / 2018-02-12 16:50:10   

(Sorry, looks like I messed up the tag.)

Vaska A / 2018-02-12 19:14:03   

Looks like it's working again. Hello Seattle native...I remember going to Kucera's gallery alot back in the old days.

;)

oscarito / 2018-02-19 18:35:22   

I had problems too after uploading to 2.1.5, I uploaded ndxzstudio and all OK, but after upload ndxzsite, some exhibits dissapeared, sometimes the index dissapeared too... so I restored the old 2.1.4 ndxzsite folder (I have little time now to investigate this). And the web works again, except clean URLs –I wrote to my host to try to solve that.

I hope this only-ndxzstudio-update is safe... I had not been hacked...

Vaska A / 2018-02-19 18:58:46   

You mean they were disappearing and re-appearing randomly? plugin.index.php wasn't changed. I'll have a look though...

Are clean url's enabled in /ndxzsite/config/options.php?

Vaska A / 2018-02-19 19:02:09   

Either of you...if you send me your FTP and host login info I could try to debug this. I have a hunch it could be collation issues and a tiny change I made to the database class.

Vaska A / 2018-02-19 19:05:21   

"I hope this only-ndxzstudio-update is safe..."

And that...nope...you are not safe. At the very least, replace the few /ndxzsite/plugin.jxs_*.php files. Those are the problem.

oscarito / 2018-02-19 20:02:06   

Hi good Vaska!

No, no, the index did not disappear randomly but only in some particular exhibits, well, at last in one, I did not check all the site.

Also, an over and over exhibit with a lot of images it showed only the two first of them. I'll send you my FTP info to vaska at indexhibit in a little while in case you want to take a look.

And the clean urls thing: solved! My fault, sorry... Clean urls were enabled, but after read you, I went to check again and realized that options.php was in /ndzsite folder, not in /ndzsite/config! Oh oh. I think I have moved it by mistake. Now it works {:)

Tomorrow I'll try to update those plugin.jxs files.

Thank you very much Vaska.

Vaska A / 2018-02-20 20:54:54   

Ok, I've been doing some experimental fishing on this one - mysql is not a strong suit for me. If you have this problem you can try these lines (comment out the first one as shown):

1. //$this->query("SET NAMES 'utf8'");
  2. mysqli_set_charset($this->link, 'utf8');
  3. mysqli_query($this->link, "SET collation_connection = utf8_general_ci");

In the setNames function beginning on line 72 of /ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php.

Let me know if it works out for you. I need to research this more before I add it to the downloadable files.

jeffreysimmons / 2018-02-22 19:33:17   

Argh sorry I failed to notice the continuation of this thread.

I have put the updated file that I think is causing my problem, plugin.index.php, back into /ndxzsite/plugin. My index promptly disappeared, as before. I've left it that way so you can see it: jeffreysimmonsstudio.com.

The older plugin.index.php file was dated June 1, 2012, and it does appear to differ from the one that came with the 2.1.5 update. I can make the index reappear by using that older one. This was the only older file I was still using-- all of the others, including the plugin.jxs files, have been updated.

I made the suggested changes to /ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php, but there was no improvement. I'm sort of winging it here, though, so there is a decent chance I misunderstood the instructions.

I will send the ftp information.

This thread has been closed, thank you.