menu width

anothercompany / 2008-12-11 20:38:06   

Hi,
I have a question. I customized the css and see some posts about not customizing #menu but do it in the #menu .container. Since I'm not good in this, and since I want to change the menu width and the content margin I would love to know how I can do that.

Now I did this, but it is a customization in the #menu and I'm adffraind it will cause problems...

- - -
#menu {
width: 320px;
overflow: auto;
top: 0;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
position: fixed;
height: 100%;
background-color: #fff;
}

#menu ul {
list-style: none;
margin: 0 0 12px 46px;
}

#menu ul li.section-title { text-decoration: none; color: #000; font-weight: thiner; font-style: italic; }

#content {
height: 100%;
margin: 170px 0 0 320px;
top: 0;
}

- - -

Thanks in advanced.
J

unttld / 2008-12-11 21:02:12   

If all you did was change the width you shouldn't have any errors.

Indexhibit seems to rock for css tweaking and lots of people are learning more about css by playing around. If you're worried you might break stuff or new to html/css my recommendation would be to make small changes > upload > test > make small changes > upload > test. And just keep going like that.

Save often, test often.

:D

anothercompany / 2008-12-11 22:04:49   

It works fine on firefox/safari/.. but seem to have some problems in IE.
But I will keep on testing/playing/learning :-)

Thank you.
J

Vaska A / 2008-12-11 23:50:06   

Well...you need to adjust the ie.css as well...changing 215 to 320. And you have margins on your #content...that is not good. You need to keep it as it and style up the #content .container instead or the same effect (probably with padding).

The wider you make the menu the more odd it could look on old IE browsers...but I released a javascript thing to deal with around here someplace.

anothercompany / 2008-12-12 08:35:31   

great. thank you!
and thanks for this brilliant application.
love it

Vaska A / 2008-12-13 00:52:22   

Here is the fix...

This thread has been closed, thank you.