Plugin: Random Background main page

schlomper / 2009-05-21 20:08:47   

Hello, I have installed the plugin, I have several images in the folder and it works ok but occasionally it appears as a blank background. What am i doing wrong?

link to my site

Otherwise, brilliant system, really enjoying getting to know it and set up a site...

cheers!

1. this is the code im using in index.php in the sample folder <plug:ndxz_rand_bg 'files/rndm_imgs','true' />
schlomper / 2009-05-21 20:09:46   

whoops put the code line in wrong there, but you know what i mean!

Vaska A / 2009-05-21 20:12:25   

http://www.designermandan.com/files/rndm_imgs/._tile.png

It's hidden (with the .)...so, show invisible files with your ftp and then delete it out of there...and/or...

One of your images is named very strange...check out the names. No spaces...no weird characters...

schlomper / 2009-05-21 22:00:17   

Vaska you legend! thanks so much, I will be donating soon!

dloveusa / 2009-05-30 15:53:43   

Vaska,

Love this plugin. My site is http://dereklove.com

My question: is there a way to hyperlink the images so that when people click on them, the page reloads and a new one comes up?

Thanks in advance!
Derek

kaoz3000 / 2009-06-01 12:44:20   

Still Problems with tilling Backgrounds?
This is working for me:
in  plugin.ndxz_rand_bg.php:
Edit Line 17 from:

1. function ndxz_rand_bg($folder='', $tile=true)

to:

1. function ndxz_rand_bg($folder='', $tile)

And in Line 46 from:

1. $tile = ($tile == true) ? 'repeat' : 'no-repeat';

to:

1. $tile = ($tile == "true") ? 'repeat' : 'no-repeat';

Good Luck!

martinm / 2009-06-14 12:05:25   

Hi,

I'm trying to use the random background plugin on our website, but i can't seem to turn off the tiling?? I've tried all variations, but still no luck.

Thanks.

martinm / 2009-06-14 12:09:56   

ahhh....

Just tried adding the 'no-repeat' to the dynamic CSS generated by the plugin instead and that seems to have done the trick. Seems like it no longer needs the 'true'/'false' in the index file.

ghad15 / 2009-09-04 22:10:16   

I have tried every posible variation of the plugin code for this plugin and to no avail. My main page continuously shows a blank page where the images should go.

http://www.bohemianrabbit.org

I installed the plugin in the ndxz-studio/site/plugin folder
created a new folder titled "rnd-images" in the root folder of my site
placed every variation of in the index.php file in the sample folder and absolutely no luck.

I've done this before and never had a problem... not sure what the issue is. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

ghad15 / 2009-09-04 22:14:25   

I have tried every posible variation of the plugin code for this plugin and to no avail. My main page continuously shows a blank page where the images should go.

http://www.bohemianrabbit.org

I installed the plugin in the ndxz-studio/site/plugin folder
created a new folder titled "rnd-images" in the root folder of my site
placed every variation of in the index.php file in the sample folder and absolutely no luck.

I've done this before and never had a problem... not sure what the issue is. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

jordan5s / 2009-09-27 16:25:34   

Hi, I'm trying to combine the random background generator with the full background plugin. How should I do this? - because the

part that I plug in replaces

Which is referencing the full_background plugin. I think they are going to have to work together, but I don't know exactly how- any suggestions?

jordan5s / 2009-09-27 16:28:25   

oops html, what i meant to say was that

plug:ndxz_rand_bg 'files/rndm_imgs','true'

replaces

plug:full_background /

which I think nullifies the full background plugin...does anybody know how these two can be combined?

arsondpi / 2009-09-27 17:12:12   

definingform from this thread combined it!... he said he's gonna share...

definingform / 2009-09-27 21:55:45   

Hi,

Sorry I haven't been able to share it yet.

I'll put it up tomorrow! :)

christophheldt / 2009-10-08 19:57:23   

Hi Vaska,

I have followed your instructions very carefully with no luck. I have read through the entire forum for help with no luck either.

this is my site: mysite

I altered the "index.php" (ndxz-studio/site/sample) code to read:

"plug:ndxz_rand_bg 'rnd_images',false /"

The "plugin.ndxz_rand_bg.php" (ndxz-studio/site/plugin) is in the correct place.

My random images folder ("rnd_images") is located on the same level where my "ndxz-studio"and "files" folder are.

You mention that the server might be having difficulty locating my images folder so I also tried what I believe to be the hard-coded path:

"plug:ndxz_rand_bg 'home/admin2510/mainwebsite_html/rnd_images',false /"

I am having trouble making sense of this. Thanks for your time.

philipps / 2009-10-10 10:15:35   

Vaska,

I installed the rand_bg plugin and everything works like a dream. I do have a problem with the background color though... -it's set to white when displaying pictures in the content area. how do I change it??? the plug in seems to 'overwrite' changes I make with the 'color selector' when editing the 'main' page.

I've read all posts of the this forum over and over but can't find the solution. sorry.
would really appreciate your help. would love to show you the site but as of now I'm still testing it locally.
Thanks!

yavno / 2009-10-20 18:39:25   

Is it possible to use this plug-in for a random image to appear as a logo above my menu? saw a post earlier by someone who said they did this but with no information as to how.

Thanks.

bbre / 2009-10-20 22:48:54   

IT PASSED THE SAME ON MY WEBSITE!

CAN YOU HELP US?

THE ONLY IMAGE THAT HAS BEEN DYSPLAYED IS THE ONE THAT I PUT AS BACKGROUND!

i quote..i Vaska,

I have followed your instructions very carefully with no luck. I have read through the entire forum for help with no luck either.

this is my site: mysite

I altered the "index.php" (ndxz-studio/site/sample) code to read:

"plug:ndxz_rand_bg 'rnd_images',false /"

The "plugin.ndxz_rand_bg.php" (ndxz-studio/site/plugin) is in the correct place.

My random images folder ("rnd_images") is located on the same level where my "ndxz-studio"and "files" folder are.

You mention that the server might be having difficulty locating my images folder so I also tried what I believe to be the hard-coded path:

"plug:ndxz_rand_bg 'home/admin2510/mainwebsite_html/rnd_images',false /"

I am having trouble making sense of this. Thanks for your time.

yavno / 2009-10-22 05:26:41   

My apologies. It was right here in the useful threads section.

Christian_S / 2009-12-17 10:30:13   

Dear Indexhibit

Im trying to work out random images on the homepage of my website.

http://www.metricsystem.no/

I have tried to follow the instructions from the plugin, but I cant find the `backgrounder´ plugin and how to edit it?

Im using the Eatock template.

Does anyone know what im doing wrong

Thanks!

puppiepoppy / 2009-12-17 14:21:28   

yeah, I've done it..the random background for the main page is on! Thanks everyone for the tips in this thread.

Michael

ed / 2010-01-21 18:08:13   

Hi everyone,
i've been following all the instructions for correctly setting up the random background, dragging the plugin to the right folder and replacing the 'backgrounder' line in the index.php file with the correct line.

somehow it's still not working and i wonder if anyone could have a quick look to see if i've missed something.

im a total beginner when it comes to code, and i've been learning loads in this forum! just can't get over this hurdle.
any help would be much appreciated!

www.eduardalima.com

eduarda

ed / 2010-01-21 18:53:11   

ok, looks like i somehow managed. ignore my request above. still a few problems like it is tiling, despite the code, and it not flushing to the left but i'll read through the threads again and try to work it out. thanks anyway.
i only just discovered indexhibit and i think its genious!! well done for coming up with it!

eduarda

xmar / 2010-02-10 23:56:45   
Hi,
I follow the instructions to install the Plugin for the Random Background main page.
Everything worked fine except for the tiling which I do not want.
I added the code as mention (false) but the tilling is still there, then I edit the plugin as I read on this thread, put everything false... now I don't get the tiling but I get the white space of a suppose tiling.
I am confuse now with all I have read... how can I fix this?
I need a little help!
Thanks for the great support oh the Indexhibit community.
xmar
my Webpage
arsondpi / 2010-02-11 00:24:24   

I don't see any tiling....

xmar / 2010-02-11 01:01:38   

Thank for your quick respond arsondpi.
If you open more your browser to a higher resolution you will see that the background color is white and should be grey (#f2f2f5)like the rest of the pages on the website, the tiling is still there.
xmar
Webpage

xmar / 2010-02-11 04:38:42   

Hi everyone,
After I got rid of the tiling the color of the background has gone?
The color was grey (#f2f2f5) now is white... I don't, understand?
To see that white color press "Ctrl-" to zoom out from the browser in case your resolution on your screen is low.
Is this a white tiling... where is my background color?

I added the code as mention (false) but the tilling was still there, then I edit the plugin as I read on this thread, put everything false... now I don't get the tiling, but I get the white space of a suppose tiling or who knows what.

Thanks for all the help.
xmar
Webpage

arsondpi / 2010-02-11 09:04:19   

tiling is when the background image gets repeated. And you don't have any tiling. You're asking about adding a background colour...

right before the actual plugin (<plug:ndxz_rand_bg folder_name,tiling />) in your index.php insert this:

1. <plug:backgrounder color='<%color%>' />
xmar / 2010-02-11 19:37:16   

Hi arsondpi,
I tried the code and did not worked.
any other ideas...
Thanks a lot.
xmar
Webpage

arsondpi / 2010-02-12 00:52:12   

no not really - it works for me.

MarioUrban / 2010-02-23 14:30:15   

Hello! i have the same problem as Christian_S, i can't find the backgrounder plugin. i am a complete n00b when it comes to html and css, so that can explain it, but still i would love it if someone could explain to me this "change backgrounder in template" buisness.
thanks.
and yes, i do love indexhibit!

allcaps / 2010-04-07 08:12:58   

hmm, weird stuff.. everything works on my website expect this background doesnt start in the left corner does anybody knows what the problem is?

www.ohguney.info

is my website!

luisa / 2010-06-04 00:12:15   

Hi Vaska,

I have also read the entire thread and done everything (double checked ).. still no random images..
When you have a chance, can you check out my site and offer me some feedback?

Thanks,

D

www.danazaldo.com

luisa / 2010-06-04 00:12:35   

Hi Vaska,

I have also read the entire thread and done everything (double checked ).. still no random images..
When you have a chance, can you check out my site and offer me some feedback?

Thanks,

D

www.danazaldo.com

luisa / 2010-06-08 20:33:49   

Hi,
can anyone respond to my request please..

Thank you

randesigns / 2010-06-22 05:40:23   

luisa: so you have "backgrounded" selected as r plugin for yr main page?

xmar: i figured out the color issue finally. open up yr plugin.ndxz_rand_bg.php with a text editor and paste the following in the $style sections nect to the other background properties:

1. background-color: #000000;

worked for me!

dghitis / 2010-08-28 18:08:36   

Is there any way to use this plugin to create a random, non-tiled, small image (around 600 px) on my main page? Right now I just have regular image out front but it would be great if I could get it to rotate. Thanks!

Here's what it looks like now, just imagine a diff image each time. dannyghitis.com

richardn / 2010-08-28 18:16:06   

Danny, check this thread:

http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/7010/

The plugin will do what you want.

dghitis / 2010-08-28 18:31:08   

Thanks richard...only that download link is broken. Does it exist elsewhere?

richardn / 2010-08-28 23:04:59   

Check your email.

pygment / 2010-08-31 20:26:39   

Hi, I have the plugin working (loving it) and I noticed in the code that it's possible to only have the random image display on the home page but I can't get it to work. As instructed in the code I have changed the following sections - Line 29 & 30

1. if ($rs['url'] == 'http://www.pygment.com/indexhibit/')

and the instruction in the code also says

1. // !!! See line 19: Don't forget to un-comment this following bit, (74-76) if you want the randomness only on the main page!!!

Line 74-76 isn't the close bracket for the if statement and when I un-comment the close section I think it should be (lines 80-82) the code breaks. I have tried different combinations but it keeps breaking.

pygment / 2010-08-31 20:27:23   

Hi, I have the plugin working (loving it) and I noticed in the code that it's possible to only have the random image display on the home page but I can't get it to work. As instructed in the code I have changed the following sections - Line 29 & 30

1. // !!! See line 19: Don't forget to un-comment this following bit, (74-76) if you want the randomness only on the main page!!!

Line 74-76 isn't the close bracket for the if statement and when I un-comment the close section I think it should be (lines 80-82) the code breaks. I have tried different combinations but it keeps breaking.

pygment / 2010-08-31 20:28:04   

mrT / 2010-09-19 15:40:37   

why is the background color permanently White ?

mudoffice / 2010-10-17 18:25:08   

hi. i,ve been searching the forums but stuck on 2 things and would appreciate any help. (total novice to scripting)
i'm using this plugin: http://www.indexhibit.org/release/plugin-rand-bg/

FIRST QUESTION
i can`t get my random background images to stop tiling! my 'index.php' file within my 'random' folder contains the following script:

but you can see its still tiling on my homepage:
http://www.mudoffice.eu/

SECOND QUESTION
whats best way to set these background images to be an automatic slideshow with a soundtrack? (like this - http://www.grizedale.org/) but with sound

mudoffice / 2010-10-17 22:00:08   

I solved the FIRST QUESTION (tiling) by changing all 'trues' to 'false' in the plugin file. but still working on the second question...

simsim / 2010-10-23 14:57:09   

hi,
for few hours i try to set my main backgroud as a random set of images. til not working, no images are showned
i installed the plug in and did the modifications on my index, set the folder and so on.
i understand the general fonctions of the codes but i'm not a professional nor an amateur.
would anyone be kind and have a quick look on my page and give me any possible explanation on why it's not working
thanks

simsim / 2010-10-23 14:58:12   

hi,
for few hours i try to set my main backgroud as a random set of images. til not working, no images are showned
i installed the plug in and did the modifications on my index, set the folder and so on.
i understand the general fonctions of the codes but i'm not a professional nor an amateur.
would anyone be kind and have a quick look on my page and give me any possible explanation on why it's not working
thanks

www.etc-projects.eu

johangafvels / 2010-10-25 13:21:23   

Hi all!

I installed the random image plugin and it seems to work ok .However, now in the very upper left corner of my site is a piece of code showing that looks like the greater than/less than symbols.

Here's my site http://www.johandemo.se/
Im just starting building this site...

Seems like this might be an easy fix I'm just not sure where to do this at. How do I get rid of the greater than/less than symbols?

johangafvels / 2010-10-25 13:43:26   

Hi all!

I installed the random image plugin and it seems to work ok. However, now in the very upper left corner of my site is a piece of code showing that looks like the greater than/less than symbols.

Here's my site http://www.johandemo.se/
Im just starting building this site...

Seems like this might be an easy fix I'm just not sure where to do this at. How do I get rid of the greater than/less than symbols?

Best/
Johan (Sweden)

This thread has been closed, thank you.