Plugin: Random Background main page

mariannarossi / 2012-01-10 04:03:15   

sorry in advance if this has already been discussed before but I was wondering if any of you tried to put a tiled image as background underneath the random background images working with the plugin. if not clear: i'm not having the tiling image background problem anymore (edited the plugin setting everything on "false") so i have images refreshing every 5 seconds and a colored background (let's say "aqua"). i would like to get rid of the color and put some sort of texture or pattern in the back. but from the control panel for the home page of my indexhibit site no selected image is showing up (repeated background is on). thanks!

mariannarossi / 2012-01-10 04:03:33   

sorry in advance if this has already been discussed before but I was wondering if any of you tried to put a tiled image as background underneath the random background images working with the plugin. if not clear: i'm not having the tiling image background problem anymore (edited the plugin setting everything on "false") so i have images refreshing every 5 seconds and a colored background (let's say "aqua"). i would like to get rid of the color and put some sort of texture or pattern in the back. but from the control panel for the home page of my indexhibit site no selected image is showing up (repeated background is on). thanks!

rickykappa / 2012-01-10 04:13:22   

marianna read the forum rules...

Milkytea / 2012-02-05 03:30:33   

Is there a way to have this plugin work on every index page used?
http://imaculturalreference.com

Milkytea / 2012-02-05 03:31:25   

Is there a way to have this plugin work on every index page used?
http://imaculturalreference.com

jesse_van_bauwel / 2012-02-22 15:43:42   

dear Vaska or others,

Is it possible to post a pdf of the code of the Random Background Plugin where the text that you need to change is highlighted. I think I know what to put there but i don't know where exactly.

thanks

khashayar / 2012-05-17 13:45:08   

1. Thanks Vaska for great plugin.

2. I believe many people could get this plugin to work, but it seems that something's not right in my case. here it is the link to my website.

I did what you mentioned in this thread but nothing appears on the main page.

this is how the plugin call looks like on the template:

1. plug:ndxz_rand_bg randbg, false /
  1. and this one is modification I did to plugin itself:
  2. function ndxz_rand_bg($folder='randbg', $tile=false)

The image folder is in the same level as "files" folder is which I suppose is the root folder.

I appreciate any help on this in advance :-)

khashayar / 2012-05-17 13:46:29   

2. I believe many people could get this plugin to work, but it seems that something's not right in my case. here it is the link to my website.

The image folder is in the same level as "files" folder is which I suppose is the root folder.

khashayar / 2012-05-17 13:46:37   

khashayar / 2012-05-17 13:46:51   

khashayar / 2012-05-17 13:53:52   

Oh. I'm so sorry. It's not my fault that this happened. Seriously it's not my fault. It kept saying that the page can't be found and jumped to the main forum page. so I had to reload the page and post it again.

khashayar / 2012-05-17 14:29:33   

It works now.

To help other people that might have the same issue:
all I've done was correct except that the images' names must be without spaces.
image 01.jpg not correct
image01.jpg correct!

khashayar / 2012-05-17 14:45:42   

So now the question is: "How can I change the position of the random background images?". Preferably corresponding to the position of the #container.

my website is here

khashayar / 2012-05-18 10:35:42   

DONE

khashayar / 2012-05-20 10:11:41   

if you take a look at the plugin file, you can change the position of the image very easily.

besides, i have another suggestion for having random images on main page which is way easier to use (to my experience). you can download it from the link below. it's actually an exhibition format. http://swttl.com/technical/indexhibit-tools/

take a look for yourself.

This thread has been closed, thank you.