Open new window

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 09:06:23   

Hi, I would like to have a link in my text. Then, If you click on it, is would open in a new window. I have tried the Iframed plugin but it does not work for me. And here I cant find the Additional settings, page processing. It only says: Process HTML.

Am I doing the right/wrong thing here?

If you click here: http://www.hunkydory.dk/index.php?/ongoing/frokost---the-sound-of-my-wooden-chest/

I would like the links to open in new windows?

AntoineLafontaine / 2009-01-16 10:05:30   

You can do this using very simple html. Add target="_blank" to your link's attribute.

On a side note, often simple solutions to problems are better than looking to fix things through the usage of plugins... This is not just for you hunkydory, but recently many people are posting in the forum and they do not check what's basically available to them with fundamental html and/or CSS.

Of course, keep on coming with the questions, but also do some of your homework ;)

Hope that helps.

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 11:41:50   
Hi thank you. As I´m quite "green" in this css thing, I d like you to tell me excactly where to put it?
In my text editor I have put: _blank

Is that right?

And for your side note: I AM doing all the homework that I can, but I am very new in this CSS thing/indexhibit, and I m trying my best. I m reading in the forums each time I have a problem, but sometimes I do not understand the answers as some of you are writing in code language.
And as Indexhibit is suppose to be an easy tool for anybody, I think you should bear over with us "dummies" so the tone stays clean and sober. We actually would just like to learn, because its nice. Hopefully you understand what I mean:-)

And I m really appreciating your answers:-)

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 11:42:31   
Sorry in my text editor I ve put: _blank
hunkydory / 2009-01-16 11:43:45   
Hmmm, why does´nt it show here, what I ve written:
(and then blank)
hunkydory / 2009-01-16 11:44:57   

Ok apparently it wont the string here, could you please tell me the excact line to write in my text editor, as I do not know where to place"_blank"?

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 11:56:38   

Is this then right to place in my text editor, under exhibition? (doesnt work for me)
http://www.myspace.com/frokostAdd target="_blank"

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 12:03:36   

Hi again, I found out my self here:
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=NewWindow

If someone else need the it its here:
link text

Eloisa A / 2009-01-16 12:54:04   

For further reference, when you want to post code you should use the code tags :)

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 13:12:26   

Thank you, what is code tags? :-)

Vaska A / 2009-01-16 14:27:33   

I suggest you read some tutorials on html. Then css.

You are asking alot of questions and it would be much easier if you would understand a few basic things. For instance, 'what is code tags?'. Search Google for that.

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 14:39:45   

Of course I will do that, and I m already doing that. But...
I find it a bit frustrating to get this tone every time I m asking a new question, it really make you feel like a dummie, that doesnt dare to ask questions in this forum.
And I cant believe thats the aim with Indexhibit? Or do you need to be on advanced level in the beginning?:-)

Also it seems like others are having the same level in their questions as me?

Have a nice weekend:-)

Vaska A / 2009-01-16 14:45:18   

You've really been asking alot of questions. Basic things that have been answered many times before. Other people are able to find these answers...they send me emails all the time telling me so.

You can do it too.

We aren't here to do things for people...we ARE here to nudge people in the direction of learning some things. It's stated in our forum rules.

hunkydory / 2009-01-16 15:02:23   

Got your message. Maybe you should write it somewhere, that people should be familiar with html and CSS so they dont ask stupid questions in the forum.... Cause you actually get the idea that the forum is where you can go with all your "green" questions and that its ok to do so...

Vaska A / 2009-01-16 15:06:35   

People come here with tons of questions. But you don't seem to be picking anything up around here. So now I'm directly telling you to do some more research - don't rely upon us to solve every question you have.

Closing this thread now...but I wrote a tutorial just for you while you were telling us how much we suck.

This thread has been closed, thank you.