change the colour of the menu?

andywd7 / 2009-02-10 21:14:49   

Hi there,

I have tried searching for this in the forum and either it is not there or I am just missing it.
I am struggling to find the right place to change the background of the left side menu panel from the default white to a dark grey (747170)?

I want the background of everything to be the same colour, whether an exhibit background or the side menu background! Is there a way to do this in one go or do I have to change the menu colour and exhibit colour separately?

If so, where do I change the side menu colour?

Thank you so much for your help

Andy

Vaska A / 2009-02-10 21:20:54   

Change it in the style.css file.

1. #menu { ... }

Since you want this standardized you will need to remove the background plugin that's in the index.php template as well.

writeon / 2009-02-10 21:25:58   

find the CSS file for whatever theme you are using - i.e. Eatock, samples etc...

If you're not sure where specifically they are located, it's a good idea to spend some time browsing the different folders that make up indexhibit. You'll find that they are very well laid out/organized, and give a good indication of how indexhibit operates.

Once you find the css file in question, the attributes of the "menu" are laid out for you. The color being clearly identified - once you find it, replace the color "#" with the one you need. Keep in mind too, that this CSS file will dictate (just about) everything in relation to how your exhibits look, behave, etc, etc, etc... so it's a good idea to become comfortable with it - if not attempt to modify it here and there for something creative.

andywd7 / 2009-02-10 21:52:53   

Thanks guys! Nearly did it!
What lines do I need to remove of the background plugin in the index.php template?
I've taken the beginning of the three lines of script I think it is that I need to remove and put them below. Is this right?

andywd7 / 2009-02-10 22:10:49   

Sorry the text disappeared.

Is it the lines

plug:front
plug:background
head

Thanks

This thread has been closed, thank you.