Exibit won't delete+ font customize

Hilda / 2009-02-25 20:47:08   

Hello there,

I'm yet another CSS/HTML virgin, trying to build my first little website. Thank you Indexhibit for offering a way for me to learn this independently!

So far I have three questions:

1. I created some sections that I no longer need. How do I delete a Section?

2. I created an exhibit that seems buggy, and want to delete it. However, when I try to edit it, it doesn't have a trash can icon for me to click on. I tried turning the Publish button to OFF as well, but each time I go back into its Edit page, the Publish button is turned back to ON.

So how do I either (A) delete it, or (B) get it not to show up on my main menu?

3. I've changed the "hovering over it" color of my exhibit names in the main menu to a sour green. Looks great, but I'd like for whichever exhibit is currently being looked at to STAY that green WHILE the viewer is on looking at that exhibit (so they know where they are) and then change back to the "normal" color when they click onto a different exhibit.

Does anyone have a suggestion for this? And if so, I'd appreciate simple instructions, including paths for the css or php files I need to modify, since I'm a fast-learning but total newbie...

THANKS SO MUCH!

Vaska A / 2009-02-25 20:50:36   

1. First...make sure that you drag/drop any pages in the sections you are going to delete to other sections. Then go to Exhibits > Settings and click on the X next to the section you want to delete...

2. NO! That's the main page of your site...you can't delete that one. Just edit it to be whatever will appear on the front page of your site. DO NOT DELETE. You can use Additional Settings and simply 'hide' it from the index.

3. The active state...this is the css for that...add to your style.css file:

1. li.active a { background: #0c0; }

Adjust to your liking...

Hilda / 2009-02-25 22:23:55   

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. In Exhibits > Settings I don't have an "X" next to the sections I want to delete. Any further tips to clean these up would be helpful, but not urgent nor necessary since I made them hidden for now.

2. I get why there's no trash can icon for that one.... Switched everything around to make that one the main page of my site. THANKS.

3. I tried to change the active state but it didn't work.

Here's the path I took:
ndxz-studio/site/sample/style.css

Here's where I added the "background" code:
a:link { text-decoration: none; color: #bda4e9 }
a:active { text-decoration: none; color: #6c595c; background: #dbe23e; }
a:visited { text-decoration: none; color: #6c595c }
a:hover { text-decoration: none; color: #dbe23e }

When that didn't work, I went back to your message an copied and pasted exactly this

li.active a { background: #0c0; }

into the style.css file, first below the link/active/visited/hover bit, and then at the very bottom of the file, but maybe I misunderstood the instructions altogether? Please advise with more specific wording on what needs to be pasted where or what needs to be changed where. Thanks SO much.

arsondpi / 2009-02-25 22:40:02   

1) click edit next to the section (in Exhibits > Settings) and then click delete...
3) it ought to work... Got an address to show us

Vaska A / 2009-02-25 22:40:22   

1. Just click the name of the section...
2. Yes.
3. That should work. In your browser try holding down shift and click the refresh button and see if it works then.

Hilda / 2009-02-26 00:56:47   

Hey folks,

1. Sorry, but I still don't get the section-deleting instructions. In my Exhibits > Settings page I see a list of my sections on the right-hand side, but the names of them are not clickable. Hmm...

I didn't post my url earlier because there's a problem with it working directly from my main name, www. hildarasula.com. However I think that has to do with my host and I had decided to deal with that with them once I've got most of my site built. Sorry! I'll get it running with them first thing in the morning (Thursday).

3. I guess it took a while to start working, but it's up and running now. Once I saw what it looked like, I decided to forgo the background color and just make the text stay the hover color... And my fooling around worked!!! I'm beginning to understand the grammar of this language, if not how have a real conversation yet ;)

One more thing, though: what is the code for making that text bold as well?

Thanks a million, people. Forums never seem to help in my line of work... but this is awesome.

Vaska A / 2009-02-26 01:04:24   

1. something there has to be clickable...something...
4. just use the strong button...but it will look like...

1. <strong>Bold</strong>
Hilda / 2009-02-26 01:13:40   

1. Tomorrow when I get my site see-able by others, I'll show you what I mean for the Section titles. Thanks.

4. Aren't those HTML tags? What I was looking for was the code to put in that style.css file, as in:

li.active a { color: #e7e337; AND SOMETHING ELSE HERE TO MAKE THE EXHIBIT NAMES GO BOLD WHEN SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT THEM; }

Thanks!

Vaska A / 2009-02-26 07:27:57   

Have a read of the tutorial I wrote about html/css basics - near the top of the forum.

This thread has been closed, thank you.