missing menu image in firefox

briauel / 2009-04-02 02:46:05   

Hello!

So my site looks great in safari (brianaauel.com), but in firefox, my image(logo) above my menu is missing.

when i refresh the page a outlined box with a square in the upper left hand corner (with a little colored triangle, circle and square) shows up briefly and then disappears. My menu jumps up about 20px.

i've checked the code int he pre-nav box a number of times and cross referenced. I cannot figure out the problem.

this is the code i have in the pre-nav:

does anyone have any idea what is going on??

thanks in advance for your help!!!

briauel / 2009-04-02 02:54:04   

for some reason the code didn't show up...lemme try this again:

briauel / 2009-04-07 17:46:42   

Looks great in safari, missing logo image in firefox.

still looking for some help with this issue. i have been searching for a solution to no avail. I had my image linked back to my main, removed that code, re upped the image and then started from scratch. Still no image showing up in firefox.

thanks for your help in advance!!! brianaauel.com

arsondpi / 2009-04-07 19:13:24   

for some reason firefox doesn't get this file.
Try resaving the file and reaupload.... And 936KB is too much isn't it? The jpg file must be corrupt or something... Use the save for web setting....

I also suggest to include your google analytics in one line since your page doesn't validate.

briauel / 2009-04-07 23:53:21   

Thank you SOOOO much for yo9ur help arsondpi! The file shows up now in firefox. yay!

I am not sure what you mean by "I also suggest to include your google analytics in one line since your page doesn't validate."

I just copied and pasted the code, and it is really long so it seems to creak it up.

arsondpi / 2009-04-08 07:30:57   

View your source - there's br tags there...

try it all in one line with no soft returns:

1. <script type="text/javascript">var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ...etcetc

This thread has been closed, thank you.