small problem with horizontal menu

kaethe / 2009-04-27 20:57:21   

hey there
-
i've managed to create a horizontal menu, but it seems that i've done something wrong. the problem is that everything's ok, when i watch the page with safari or the latest version of firefox (3.0.9) but when you have an older firefox version, the menu is all messed up. here's a screenshot:

messed up menu

it would be great if you could give me a hint what the problem might be...

thank you very much.
-
katrin

kaethe / 2009-04-27 21:01:20   

(oops - i put the thread into the wrong section. it's a "customize"problem obviously... sorry)

Vaska A / 2009-04-27 21:24:51   

Woops...easier to look at the code as well...

I'm just guessing here...but I think that 'float: left;' on li.section-title is causing the problem. Why is that there?

Although...maybe it needs to be there...

kaethe / 2009-04-27 21:51:31   

mh, i put a screenshot from my css in the "messed up menu" link as well, if you want to have a look...
i'm not very good with that whole css and php thing, so i just "played around" (kind of), this is why i can't tell u exactly why i did the "float:left" on li.section-title...
do i have to change the index.php as well?!

do u know why the latest version of firefox (and safari, opera etc.) show it correctly, and older versions don't?

thank you!

kaethe / 2009-04-27 22:03:56   

oh. i just checked, and the "float:left" on li.section-title actually caused the problem.

thank you!
(and thank you for the quick response!)
you guys rock
:)

Vaska A / 2009-04-27 22:28:05   

Be sure you test it...those kinds of things can be very particular to each browser.

This thread has been closed, thank you.