3. <div style='float: left; width: 200px;'>asdf</div>
  4. <div style='float: left; width: 200px;'>asdf</div>
  5. <div style='float: left; width: 200px;'>asdf</div>
  6. <div style='clear: left;'><!-- --></div>
  7. </div>
Vaska A / 2009-04-28 18:05:17   

Yeah, try it out...

Vaska A / 2009-04-28 18:57:45   

Can I teach you something about divs and h tags...

In your text area you can add div and h tags all you want but you need to give them room to allow other things to be autowrapped in p and br tags.

So, you could do something like this (I'm taking out the arrows so it will appear):

div ...

This is a paragraph or a link.
This is the second line.

/div

div ...

More

Another paragraph.

/div

Make sense? Same with heading tags too. By leaving the space the other things can be input as usual. The div and h tags are ignored and don't get wrapped.

paucc A / 2009-04-28 19:27:07   

Nice simple page Fed!
And nice class vaska, thanks!

Vaska A / 2009-04-28 20:53:25   

Yup...you need to add some iphone specific rules to keep things normalized...but I don't know what these are off the top of my head. Just research 'iphone safari css' and you will find plenty of info...

iwakami / 2009-04-28 20:53:45   

added to favs!
: )

d / 2009-04-29 19:31:40   

everything very understandable! ;)
but how to set the distance between the columns?

tks!

cruz / 2009-04-29 19:38:37   

padding.

lesbezier / 2009-05-31 10:32:10   

Hello!

I'm having trouble with this text column customization.

I have a main page at http://www.lesbezier.com with a text in english. I would like to have two columns with text in two different languages, but not having to scroll down in a single column.

I'm beginning to mess around with code because of indexhibit, so i'm new to this.

I've tried to create a new exhibit, and inside the textbox i've wrote the div code that Vaska posted, just to see if it works, but not.

Is this the right place or do i have to insert this code in .css or .php files?

Thanks for your time!

PS.- This is the tryout exhibit: http://www.lesbezier.com/index.php?/qwertyu/

lesbezier / 2009-05-31 12:40:59   

Hello!

Yes, I've just checked that setting and it's turned on. So i'm still stucked on this.

Grazzie!

Vaska A / 2009-05-31 12:54:39   

It's still turned on...you can tell when you view the page source because there are br tags in there - this is what Page Processing does.

Turn it off...resave your text...and it will work.

lesbezier / 2009-05-31 13:11:03   

Yes indeed! Thank you both!

Now i just have to changes numbers and code to fit my needs!

lesbezier / 2009-05-31 13:15:29   

Ok now: the padding thing that Cruz mentioned.

Is it a new line in the code that i have to input??

I've just edited the tryout link above.

lesbezier / 2009-05-31 13:56:28   

Sorry, i wasn't meaning padding ( i think) i was asking to insert some gutter space between both columns.

And also, how to give the 2 columns some fancy format. Now it just thorows the text all together.

I know this may be basic, sorry for the asking. I think i'm missing some theory here i guess!

lesbezier / 2009-05-31 14:20:39   

Ok, I figured this one out by messing around a bit. Google is my best friend...by far.

- To make a gutter between text columns:

In the code that Vaska posted above, i inserted this padding-left variable:

1. <div style='float: left; width: 300px; padding-left: 15px;'>

- To create paragraphs in the text columns:

Just insert

at beginning and end of each paragraph wanted. Like this:

1. </p> This is the first paragraph.</p>
  2. </p> This is the second paragraph.</p>
bertalexis / 2009-07-12 11:35:54   

Hello

I manage to get the html work but I think there is a problem with my style.css as a youtube video doesn't appear on the page.

Any idea?

varese / 2009-09-23 19:23:53   

Hola lesbezier. Estoy intentando hacer una exposición a dos columnas de texto con enlaces. Y no consigo hacerlo bien. He visto tu web y veo que en la info de tu web tienes un texto a dos columnas. Mi pregunta és: ¿Cual es el codigo completo para conseguirlo? Gracias

lemathieu A / 2009-09-23 19:52:01   

Hello varese,
did you see the date of the last post lesbezier does ?
It's 4 month ago.

Cross your finger, and maybe he will come back…

;)

brunogiliberto / 2009-11-07 10:50:46   

verase:

tal como dice Vaska el codigo que debes colocar para dos columnas en el editor de texto es:

asdf
asdf

:)

brunogiliberto / 2009-11-07 10:51:33   

Ahora si...

2. asdf
3. asdf

brunogiliberto / 2009-11-07 10:53:39   

debes mirar el segundo comentario de este debate (Vaska), no se como se escriben codigos por ac√°.

--

colour / 2009-12-18 05:22:40   
Hi, I've been trying to do this multi column thing and have the same problem as liferroud initially did:
it works, but I have strange differents margins on the top.

I have a lower margin with each new column. liferroud said they had fixed it but didn't specify how. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

links page

colour / 2009-12-18 05:33:44   

Oh dear, it was so obvious.
Just had too many < br> tags all over the place.
Sorry!

tabarez / 2009-12-28 20:46:46   

hello, I'd really like to have my website archive page split in 4 columns, but i'd like also every line to be a link to a work.

Like if I'd click on one of them, a picture with a little text would pop up (see thickbox format gallery)

or

it would just link to that project page. this way the 4 columns archive would disappears, of course.
the archive page itself turn into a menu

Is one of this 2 ideas possible?
thanks a lot

arsondpi / 2009-12-28 22:40:39   

...of course they are.
You can customize an existing plugin to do this if you know little of php.
Or you can do this as static html placed into the text area...

tabarez / 2009-12-29 10:37:30   

oh great!
the problem is that I just know html, and not php
I suppose i would need the php for the first solution, right?
and the html for the second...

If the first is possible could I ask a little help?
which file(s) I have to modify... and how?

really appreciate

tabarez / 2010-01-04 21:15:22   

Sorry maybe it was a stupid question, the fact is that I don't know php so I'm kind of lost. Even a little hint would help.
thank you anyway

nityangi / 2010-01-15 05:43:02   
this is horrible i dont know what to do.. i just want to write my poems in an horizontal way... for example one poem next to another i was typing this 1.2.asdf3.asdf4.asdf5.asdf6.7. and now i cant delete from my page.. i dont know how to do it.. hyperkulturemia.net in the section COLORES and in the section PARA DONDE VAS? pleeeeease help! i dont understand nothing! thanks :D
nityangi / 2010-01-15 05:59:01   

i just think i fix it but now i cant have spaces between the lines! for example PARA DONDE VAS? i think that something is wrong with indexhibit because it doesnt refresh instantaneously...

nityangi / 2010-01-18 15:13:42   

hello can anyone help me with thissss¬°?!?! PLEASE!

lemathieu A / 2010-01-18 15:57:57   
i think that something is wrong with indexhibit because it doesnt refresh instantaneously...

;)
There is browser cache things out there.
Hold shift + refresh your browser.

lemathieu A / 2010-01-18 15:58:54   

For the rest I don't understand what you want.

richardn / 2010-01-24 23:40:44   

Hi. Newbie, here. I'm after some clarification.

A couple of posters in this thread have complained that when they tried to create text in columns, each subsequent column was rendered with different spacing at the top. Both posters fixed it by deleting line breaks around their HTML tags (DIVS and suchlike). That's what I did earlier today when playing with the new Columner theme, and facing the same layout problems - deleting line breaks eventually resolved spacing issues.

However, in his post near the top of this thread ('Can I teach you something about divs and h tags...'), Vaska explains (I think!), that HTML tags should not be bunched up, but rather liberally spaced with line breaks. I tried it this way and it's much simpler (because it's easier to distinguish the HTML tags from the content).

I'm just wondering, did I read Vaska correctly? Thanks

Sabine / 2010-01-25 21:18:32   

Hi all
Ive managed to get three columns working and can see the < p >< / p > code contains the text within the column width, but looses the page styling, anyone got any ideas how to contain text with the column and keep the style?
You can see my page here:
Webpage

Thanks

rickykappa / 2010-01-25 21:32:02   

Sabine, I've just solved the same issue by assigning a class to the columns ( < div class="col_3"> ) and targeting the < p> tag in there through the css file ( .col_3 { width: your_value_here !important; }
in my case the !important was necessary to overcome a general ( #content < p> ) width value I had and didn't want to loose.
hope it makes sense

aherrmann / 2010-01-26 02:51:55   

I have a question regarding a column problem. I posted this before, did some playing around but never got it to work.

My site is here. Under “No. 46” you can see what I am talking about. The copy should be set in two columns, but it shows up as only one.

I have the Horizontal exhibit format, but for some reason the < div style > technique of applying columns to copy doesn’t seem to work with the Horizontal format.

Has anyone had any success in figuring this out? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

leonardowen / 2010-05-07 01:33:40   

Hello,

First of all, congrats for all of you who made this incredible template!! Thanks!!!!
I'm making a horizontal gallery of my photos, and I would like to know if it's possible to add more space before the first image...
Please take a look at:
www.leonardowen.com - then click in "Metabrasília"
You will see a text in Portuguese, and I would like to add a column on its right with a English translation. But when I upload this first image, I stays over the second column....

Thanks!!!!

rickykappa / 2010-05-07 08:24:08   

can't reach that page/domain...

leonardowen / 2010-05-12 13:18:27   

A lot of people can't open my domain, I don't know why..... Did I do something wrong while I built this page??
Help!
thanks!

lemathieu A / 2010-05-12 13:32:32   

Working for me, last firefox on mac.
But you may correct all these errors at first.

rickykappa / 2010-05-12 15:20:18   

still can't get it - firefox/pc
weird, I see the validating page posted by mathieu, but can't open it

FFran / 2011-06-13 10:24:44   

Hey people!

I'm trying to implement a new home screen for my indexhibit. I'm doing it using the steps described here. I've already main screen divided into four columns, but I want to show here information about my last four entries. So I need a way to get data from the database, is there any API to access to this info?

Cheers

FFran / 2011-06-13 10:25:02   

Hey people!

I'm trying to implement a new home screen for my indexhibit. I'm doing it using the steps described here. I've already main screen divided into four columns, but I want to show here information about my last four entries. So I need a way to get data from the database, is there any API to access to this info?

Cheers

This thread has been closed, thank you.