yet another logo question

Rick / 2007-09-21 17:35:18   

And more praise - this is a fantastic tool Vaska!

I've inserted a logo into my pre-nav using this code:

< a href="http://www.rpmcameras.com">< img src = "http://www.rpmcameras.com/logo.jpg">< /a>

and it shows up fine, but it loads each time I click on a new exhibit. How do I make it load only once and stop flashing? My path begins at the subdomain that endexibit is loaded into.

Thanks!

oh, in case it's not obvious: www. rpmcameras.com

metel_hands / 2007-09-21 17:50:59   

Looks fine here.

nils / 2007-09-21 19:12:19   

The whole page loads again ... thats normal!

Rick / 2007-09-21 21:37:03   

Super! Three more questions (sorry, just getting started here!):

1 - I see that some sites have the section names in bold. Where in the css is this?

2 - Is it possible to indent the exhibition names under the section names? Putting a tab or space into the name field is ignored.

3 - I adjusted the size of the nav bar a bit smaller, but when I use the iframed plugin, it defaults to the original size so I get a bar in between. You can see it on my site if you click on the "RPM38mm" 'gallery' link

Great great work on this!

Vaska A / 2007-09-21 21:51:20   

Yep and yep.

#menu .section-title { font-weight: bold; }
#menu ul li { margin-left: 3px; }

See how that goes.

Rick / 2007-09-22 22:32:27   

Eloisa answered my logo question in threat #360 - I was using html to reference the logo location, but when you do as she suggests - upload it via the file manager and use the link code the logo then doesn't reload as each exhibition is viewed.

Now, other questions!

Vaska, Thanks for the bold tip - that worked perfectly when inserted in the '#menu ul li.section-title' section. But I cannot find '#menu ul li' in my style.css which is altered from the 'sample' folder. I tried putting { margin-left: 3px; } in the other sections, but none of them will indent only the exhibition names and not the section titles.

Another option that I was thinking of trying but also don't know how to do, is to center absolutely everything in the nav-bar. Possible?

And: Is it possible in style.css to specify defferent a: link, a: active, a: visited and a; hover for the exhibition side versus the navigation side? That would be absolutely fantastic!

Lastly, and this is perhaps a hard one: I see that there is padding and/or margins on both the nav side and the exhibition side, but I can't figure out which is which. ideally though I would love to have no padding or margins on pre and post nav images (but yes on text) or certain images in the exhibition area. Too difficult? ;)

Oh, and one more - if the padding thing is not possible, then where do I adjust it so that the exhibitions are slightly MORE padded away from the nav bar?

Endless gratitude and thanks!

Vaska A / 2007-09-24 12:41:44   

That's alot of questions Rick. ;)

1. if your logo has a complete url (http://www.thesite.com/files/logo.gif) it will work everywhere on your site.

2. #menu ul li doesn't exist. just add it and it will do it's work. actually, #menu li does exist - these are the same thing.

3. centering could be difficult. try #menu ul, #menu li { text-align: center; } and see how it goes.

4. yes, make links do different things can be done. use the search tool and look for "links" or something and you'll find more info.

5. it's probably best to simply adjust the padding on the content container...like...

#content .container { padding-left; 50px; }

;)

Rick / 2007-09-25 18:23:26   

Hee Hee! I ask a lot because you have all the answers Vaska. ; )

o.k. I'm grinning like an ape because indexibit is making me look smart. So, I decided to do the nav-bar centering after all and your #3 suggestion worked perfectly. #5 did not work, but I put a padding line under #content p and that did the trick exactly like I wanted it to. Here's how it is in my css FYI:

#menu ul {
list-style: none;
margin: 0 0 12px 0;
text-align: center;
}

#menu ul li.section-title {
font-weight: bold;
}

#content {
height: 100%;
margin: 0 0 0 165px;
top: 0;
}

.container {
padding: 0px 0px 25px 0px;
}

#content p {
width: 500px; margin-bottom: 9px;
padding: 0 0 25px 20px;
}

Vaska A / 2007-09-25 18:33:08   

I'm grinning like an ape because indexibit is making me look smart

Yes Rick, but we know the truth. ;)

I bet the reason why #5 didn't work is because it should happen at the bottom of the css page so nothing can override it (inhertance). The only issue with styling #content p could be when you have something that is not wrapped in p tags. Otherwise, it does do the trick.

Rick / 2007-09-25 20:12:11   

I did say LOOK. :o)

cinodino / 2009-11-15 21:23:48   

Why does my site reload completely (nav and content frames) after every click?

-have tweaked logo path, without luck

thanks

Vaska A / 2009-11-15 21:26:02   

Why does my site reload completely (nav and content frames) after every click?

Because this is how it works - it's always been like that.

lemathieu A / 2009-11-15 21:28:29   

edit : late

cinodino / 2009-11-15 21:31:42   

oh. most indexhibit sites don't blink out completely like mine does. figured i could fix this.

dino

modern50.com

cinodino / 2009-11-15 22:01:22   

what does this mean?

edit : late

fix errors?

Vaska A / 2009-11-15 22:12:31   

He probably answered the same thing as me while I was typing it so he edited his note out...

Your site has so much content (in the index) that it takes time to load, hence, you see a blinking kind of thing. Also, large background images slow up the loading as well.

cinodino / 2009-11-15 22:45:44   

I am on:

http://validator.w3.org/

I have gotten all my html errors down to 6.
Made my logo a gif

Maybe these tiny precautions will speed up the reload.

d

Vaska A / 2009-11-15 22:47:17   

Nope...the page content and background image is the heavy part.

cinodino / 2009-12-31 08:45:35   

upgrading to jquery 1.3.2 solves the slow load problem i was having with the blinking website / site.

google jquery 1.3.2

download the file or copy and paste all the code

rename or save it to 'jquery.js' and drop it in the site/js folder.

sweet as

This thread has been closed, thank you.