mouse scroll in horizontal plugin?

teleferekuku / 2009-05-21 08:02:53   

Hello!
Is it possible to enable scroll mouse in the horizontal plugin?
It can be very, very useful :)

thx for any suggestions.

arsondpi / 2009-05-21 10:39:29   

It is possible...
Do a websearch with these keywords:
horizontal mouse wheel programming jquery

marwan / 2009-05-21 11:01:11   

yes it is !
have a look a this link
lucky you !

horizontal scrolling

Vaska A / 2009-05-21 11:03:48   

* Vaska makes note of that.

teleferekuku / 2009-05-21 11:49:16   

BIG THX!

kdewitt / 2009-05-31 16:41:24   

I have a very beginner question I am sure: without a plugin, how do you add this type of functionality to a site? If someone could just point me in the direction of where to start, I would really appreciate it. My site is

kdewitt / 2009-05-31 16:41:40   

woops, my site is: www.katedewitt.com

Vaska A / 2009-05-31 16:51:11   

I'm not sure what you are asking...because this already does exist as a plugin in our downloads section.

However, the mouse scrolling portion of it is something else. I would start by looking at the sample to see how they implemented things.

kdewitt / 2009-05-31 17:03:07   

Hi Vaska -- thanks for your help!

What I would like to do is have the screen scroll via links, as it does in the above link (http://www.centralscrutinizer.it/en/download/horizontinyscrolling.html) or in this page (http://www.naturehumaine.com/). Do you see what I mean? I didn't think there was a plugin for this -- am I missing something?

I have found several java script answers that I might be able to implement, but I don't really know how to integrate them with indexhibit, and I'm not sure where to start thinking about how to do that.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks you!

kdewitt / 2009-05-31 18:01:50   

Heh, just reread this and realized you say that the mouse scrolling is different. What I guess is confusing me is: you place a reference to the javascript file in the index file; that I think I get. But I am a little lost with how to then work with it. I will keep looking at examples and see what I figure out.

Thanks again!

kdewitt / 2009-05-31 19:56:31   

Hi Again -- Ok, so I got it to scroll (here), but what I am not understanding is how to create links that will let it jump to the next image like here -- what I don't get is, if you are uploading images via the image uploader, how can you then reference them in your code? I am pretty beginerish, so thank you for any help.

Kate

paucc A / 2009-06-01 09:39:09   

Actually on the mac with the mighty mouse or with the newer portables, you can scroll horizontally ...
;-)
no plugin needed!

texjer / 2009-08-25 18:21:32   

Did anybody get this to work in indexhibit?

arsondpi / 2009-08-26 08:30:13   

I think kdewitt did it but then switched to a different exhibition plugin after attending the indexhibit lab a couple of months ago...

Vaska A / 2009-08-27 15:40:50   

It's totally possible to make this 'work in indexhibit' if you put in the effort.

puppiepoppy / 2010-03-17 04:30:59   

Someone did this on his Webpage as well. Is there any more examples our fellow Indexhibitors have? It's really nice and I'm planning to have this style into my website.

Cheers,
Mike

puppiepoppy / 2010-03-17 04:44:57   

I just found this.

http://www.thehorizontalway.com/

Awesomeee!

rickykappa / 2010-03-17 08:39:55   

I didn't see this thread before, but I'm discussing about this subject in another thread as well.
I don't want to double post, only I guess that maybe here is a more appropriate place to post about the use of the above mentioned scrolling system, which I have used in some exhibits (one example this page) and I'm developing to get the listed links here.

soer / 2010-12-21 07:15:10   

hi,
i was searching a lot on google and here in the forum but couldnt find anything that helped me.
i am looking just for a "simple" modification so that in my horizontal exhibition i can use my mouse wheel to scroll to left in right.
if found the jQuery Mouse Wheel Plugin but i couldnt manage to make it run on my site or where to place the code for it.

http://plugins.jquery.com/node/49/release

i hope some of you guys can help me out.

rickykappa / 2010-12-21 10:05:20   

hi, I hope it helps: I've further developed my customization of the horizontal plugin here, it does scroll with the mouuse wheel as well and instructions are provided in the same page.
cheers
;-)

soer / 2010-12-21 11:04:33   

thanks a lot rickykappa!

i used the thw.js and copied it in my exhibit.horizontal.php.
works fine.

but is it also possible to use it with the lazyload plugin together?
when i copy it to my exhibit.horizontal_lazyload.php, the scrolling works but the pictures wont show up.

here is where i placed it.

soer / 2010-12-21 11:06:44   

oh here is the code

1. <?php if defined'SITE' exit'No direct script access allowed'

/**
* Horizontal Format
* Exhbition format
* Originally created for SharoneLifschitz.com
* @version 1.1
* @author Vaska
*/

$DO = new Horizontally;
$exhibit['lib_js'] = array('thw.js');
$exhibit['lib_js'] = array('jquery.lazyload.js');
$exhibit['dyn_js'] = dynamicJS();

$exhibit['exhibit'] = $DO->createExhibit();

$exhibit['dyn_css'] = $DO->dynamicCSS();

function dynamicJS()
{

looks like it has problems with the other $exhibit['lib_js'] = array

anybody an idea?

rickykappa / 2010-12-21 11:20:18   

this goes beyond my little knowledge, sorry...
hope someone else can help you with that as I'm also interested to eventually implement the lazyload in my pages
btw I also had a conflict between the thw.js and some other onmouseover javascript I had in my pages, and I never could solve it except by getting rid of the onmouseover javascript!
;-)

soer / 2010-12-21 15:27:00   

thanks so far!
anybody who can help us ;-)

This thread has been closed, thank you.