Indexhibit
Index + Exhibit

Login:

Created by
Daniel Eatock
Jeffery Vaska
And You

Indexhibit was updated to version 2.1.4 on April 10, 2017.

Problem upload

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello, and pardon for my (bad)english...

I'm completely disappointed because this afternoon , I tried to put new images on my site : http://www.gringorio.fr

and strange things happened uploading...

When i tried to upload (I did it just as usual, and I previously managed to upload many images as you can see on the site..), the page started to load but nothing happened then: no 'error message', no 'error page', just nothing.

I saw some post dealing with such problems, so I tried to change the format (I always use .jpg) and .png; but neither works.

I also tried re-uploading files that I had managed to upload in the past - they don't work now. BUT the weirdest thing is that very small .png work (less than 100ko), including my logo...:/

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

paucc A
SPAIN
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

gringo, could be lots of things, a server issue, a conection problem, etc ...
Could you try in a while or from another machine to check it's not your machine or your connection?

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello,

I've just try with another site built with an indexhibit, who has the same host, with the same internet browser, and upload was successful on that second site...

I have made no change before my problem.

I'am really lost :(

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

We're lost too. It's clear something was changed. It's nearly impossible for us to know. Check permissions...check dates of files to see which one was changed...etc...

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

i checked files and gimg permissions, it was 755, i turned it to 777 and it still does not work.

Concerning the date of files, I don't catch what i must check, because a same file is able to upload on my second site but not on the first one, so i guess it's not coming from the file ?

Any ideas?

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Edit: I just tried on safari, and it still does not work... So the web browser is not the problem...

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

We don't know either...something was clearly changed (with your files or the server)...I'd say start over. There is really only so much we can do from here...

julienFrance
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I've got exactly the same problem...

Indexhibit refuses to upload files that are more than 25ko.

If anyone knows the solution... you know what you've got to do ^^

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Tons of threads around here with solutions guys...just search and read. Read the useful threads post as well.

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I've just read all the threads dealing with upload or publishing problems...

I tried to re-upload a backup of my ndxz-studio folder, except the config one, I have always the same problem.

I swear I did not change anything in my indexhibit folders (on my computer and on internet) before my problem came...

Am I hacked? Am I searching the solution in the forum in a wrong way?

Is there anything else I can intempt before rebuilding everything from scratch?

Thank you for everything until now.
(and sorry again for my english)

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Is there a file I can show you to tell me if there is a bug inside?

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I can see your site...it's not hacked.

Just reupload all the system files...just be sure you don't reupload these:

- /files (folder and it's contents)
- /ndxz-studio/config (folder and contents)
- /ndxz-studio/site (folder and contents)
- /ndxz-studio/defaults.php

Then hold down Shift and refresh your browser a few times to clear out the browser cache. Try other browsers...etc...etc...

I know it will work unless something was changed on the server.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

And backup your site before you do any of the above - just in case.

gringo182
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello, thanks for helping me...

i did what you told me to, but it does not work.

I am not sure of what you mean by "unless something was changed on the server", do you mean that my web host(OVH) could have change something?

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

You are on OVH? Oi vey...not much we can do about that.

julienFrance
FRANCE
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I'm on ovh too and the problem has just vanished without doing anything ! Weird... Gringo, i think you should try again to upload images.

Goude leuque !

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

This is the kind of stuff we hear about that host. Other people have posted their own impressions of them around here...

iano
IRELAND
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

double post

iano
IRELAND
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

double post

jordan6s
UNITED STATES
8 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I am having the same problem- the images upload to the directory, but don't appear as a thumbnail or on the website. I have read that it's a /tmp directory problem, so I'll try emailing the webhost

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
8 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

That's not a tmp directory problem...it sounds like a permissions issue of the images and thumbnails are there. Try changing the permissions on the images in the gimgs folder to 0644 and see if they appear.

jordan6s
UNITED STATES
8 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

They are already on 644, but I don't see them. It's strange because my background images upload ok.

jordan6s
UNITED STATES
8 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

The background images are set to 755. Also, I don't seem to be able to change the attributes of the images... do you know why this would be?

jordan6s
UNITED STATES
8 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Another thing is that I can upload images as a file, and the image displays- but I can't upload as an image; this seems like a problem with indexhibit.

frandv
ARGENTINA
7 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi!

I had the same problem.
I wrote to my host and the issue was that they had changed a security rule on the server.
They changed that and everything was fine again.

MrBruce
SPAIN
6 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Im having the same problem. I tried everything, permissions, browser, etc...

Showing 1 - 26 of 26 posts in Forum » Installation » Problem upload

This thread has been closed, thank you.