Blog Scroll Bars

markieblitz / 2009-06-22 07:29:46   

I set my margins and padding to 0, or at least i believe i did, but i still get the blog trapped in a box with scroll bars. What have I done wrong and how can i fix this?

http://www.imaginaryordinary.com/index.php?/blogs/the-adventures-of/

plim / 2009-06-22 08:49:23   

problem is your #content div is not wide enough to hold your blog. looks like your blog is just a bit wider than your #content div. theres a lot of threads about this subject, just search iframe.

the way i solved the problem takes a little bit of work, but its well worth it. my iframe currently takes calculates the height of the content inside the iframe and adjusts the iframe size to fit the content.

link to how its done: resize iframe to content

link to how it looks on my site: thesope journal

markieblitz / 2009-06-22 23:45:18   

Is there an easier way to explain what was said?

I fixed the width of the page, but now how to get rid of the scroll bar to make it "One with the page" so there is only one scroll bar for the whole browser.

plim / 2009-06-23 02:01:32   

what you're describing is what i've done. sorry to break it to you, but theres no easy way to do it. trust me, i've done the research. the reason is explained in the link i provided.

sfbuckaroo / 2009-06-23 17:01:34   

markie, I have a tumblr blog integrated into my site as well. I didn't do anything special, I just used the same code I've used for all my other iframe content, not sure why mine works fine and yours doesn't, maybe plim can explain the difference?

Look here: 5778k.com tumblog

I did do some special coding when I first set everything up but I've forgotten exactly what I tinkered with. All I know for sure is that it all works nicely now.

sfbuckaroo / 2009-06-23 17:06:07   

markie, I have a tumblr blog integrated into my site as well. I didn't do anything special, I just used the same code I've used for all my other iframe content, not sure why mine works fine and yours doesn't, maybe plim can explain the difference?

Look here: 5778k.com tumblog

I did do some special coding when I first set everything up but I've forgotten exactly what I tinkered with. All I know for sure is that it all works nicely now.

Another solution is to use a horizontal format for your tumblog-- which I do for my other tumblog.

infokill / 2010-04-10 12:29:43   

Plim, what you did is exactly what i want to do.
I'm having the same problem markieblitz had.
But i'm totally lost as to what i have to do with the link you provided.

any help?

Pandii / 2010-06-15 14:24:18   

Thanks Plim for the information.
Can you please explain how we can implement the script.
Your help would be really appreciated.

Vaska A / 2010-06-15 14:30:03   

Other thread...you have issues to fix on your site first before there is a chance this will work.

jasonb / 2010-12-22 15:34:54   

Not sure if you ever got this worked out, but I got my iFramed Tumblr to be "one with page" in regards to scrolling, by opening the plugin file (plugins>plugin.ndxz_iframed.php) and editing line 36 to specifically disallow scrolling:

1. <iframe src='$url' frameborder='0' id='iframed' scrolling="no"></iframe>

Specifically, "scrolling="no," should do the trick.

This thread has been closed, thank you.