Navigation: Float right?

whoisyu / 2009-06-22 10:07:25   

I would really really like to right align my navigation menu. Is that an easy fix? Or, does the process involve serious steps? I'm not at all familiar with PHP and what nots. I think everything is OK as it is in terms of code. Would just like to figure out this floating nav. All and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Website

Vaska A / 2009-06-22 10:43:15   

It's complicated...I've started on a template set that does this but was never happy with it nor did I finish it. There is a person on the list who has done it very well...but...he took away the possibility of having the 'index' scrollable. This is a smart move and makes life much easier.

Otherwise, you end up using alot of javascript to set the positions of the two divs. However, now that IE6 is being supported less and less maybe this is all more easy now.

That's what I know on the subject...

This is a good topic for the Indexhibit Laboratory that is taking place next week (costs 50 euros to sign up). I'll probably put the note back up later today...

whoisyu / 2009-06-22 13:52:36   

Hey Jeff, thanks for the update. I'm just curious but, how is the column module set up currently? Would it be so difficult for a noob like me to switch it from a left align to the right? I think it would be a great idea to remove the scrollable aspect all together as well. Sounds pretty good.

Currently, I'm not overly concerned with IE6 users. Personally, if they are on that as a web browser, then i may not be looking to cater to them exactly. Know what I'm saying? Hahah. Anyways, is there a chance that I could take a look at what the guy had done? Maybe even faking it would be a possibility? Hahah. Kudos for your help on it already. Thanks. Peace.

lemathieu A / 2009-06-22 14:33:57   

don't care about IE6 ?
great…

;)

Vaska A / 2009-06-22 14:36:42   

I don't know the link...it's buried somewhere on the list. He was from Spain...

whoisyu / 2009-06-22 14:44:16   

Hahahah, IE6 can eat it. I think there are much more pressing issues with moving forward than looking back. Wishing there was a huge surge of these better browsers out there. Google or Firefox should just launch a huge campaign. And smash talk IE6. Nah, but seriously. It would be a huge help if anyone knew of a nav bar on the right side. hahahah. And, thanks again to you guys for doing a great job on the forums here. Good stuff all the time. Thanks.

nsage / 2010-12-26 19:47:07   

Hello, First off thank you for the Indexhibit! I wanted to pull this thread back up because I am trying to right align my nav menu but cant figure out how. Anyone have some tips?
thank you!!

This thread has been closed, thank you.