centering slideshow images

dkn / 2009-06-22 22:12:28   

http://alangiberson.com/

on this website i'd like the slideshows to be centered and the navigation text (< home >) to be placed below the image.

help please :)

arsondpi / 2009-06-23 09:04:43   

Hello to you too!

Open jquery.cycle.all.js find line 55 and change it to

1.         $slides.each(function(i){$(this).css('z-index', els.length-i);}).css('position','relative').hide();

Getting home below the image should be easier since you've edited the slideshow plugin - move that bit of code below the image code...

lemathieu A / 2009-06-23 09:07:46   

in fact you want to center all your site, exact?
look at this thread or http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/2155/.

dkn / 2009-06-23 20:24:38   

awesome, thanks for the help guys! a few more questions:

how do i keep another image from displaying below the current image while fading after clicking next?

how can i make it so the title (alan giberson) and navigation are hidden once a slideshow is selected? perhaps it would be easier to just have series open in a lightbox upon clicking the title in navigation. is this possible?

thanks, i really appreciate the help and friendly welcome :)

lemathieu A / 2009-06-24 08:01:21   
how do i keep another image from displaying below the current image while fading after clicking next?

a trick : with a background image ?
;)

i don't know for the two other questions

dkn / 2009-06-25 19:57:13   

can anyone please help me just not show an additional image when clicking next? i'm developing an angry client :(

dkn / 2009-06-26 06:15:32   

also, i didn't ignore your suggestion, lemathieu, i just didn't understand it. i added a background image to the body tag and it didn't seem to have an effect. what's this trick you speak of?

lemathieu A / 2009-06-26 07:28:11   

when you edit an exhibit, in the down right corner, you can select a background image… I was thinking that it could show up in the time you don't have picture…
but the effect i see on your site is weird : the next image appear behind the first and the slideshow navigation (next< home >prev), before taking the right position.
byzarre…

think you messed up something in the slideshow

oh yes, got some errors.

This thread has been closed, thank you.