Where is my Index/Home page exactly

fourcolourblack / 2009-06-26 12:37:55   

So I'm like 80% the way through my website, and got to grips with how I can edit the .css file and its changes everything on my site. Groovy.

One thing I don't quite understand is though, where is the index/home page within the installed Indexhibit folders?

If I want to open the page in Dreamweaver, where the hell is it? I know what simple changes I want to make locally then just upload and replace the page, but I can't figure out where the file is.

Yes there are lots of index.php files within the "ndxz" folder but not of these appear to be my homepage.

thanks,
a

lemathieu A / 2009-06-26 12:47:38   

ndxz studio > site > sample > index.php & style.css

just be sure you turn advanced mode "on" on your sttings and choose the sample theme (eatock by default)

fourcolourblack / 2009-06-26 15:38:26   

But if i got onto my homepage >

http://www.fourcolourblack.com/indexhibit/

And save this page to my desktop as htm/html file I can open it in Dreamweaver and make edits. I really can't upload that anywhere now?

I'm already working in my own created folder not the sample or eatlock one.

thanks,
adam

Vaska A / 2009-06-26 15:41:53   

Dreamweaver makes everything difficult. Really. You should consider trying something like Coda or a traditional text-editor and FTP setup.

lemathieu A / 2009-06-26 16:30:33   
I'm already working in my own created folder not the sample or eatlock one.

So… modify your index.php and style.css with (as Vaska said) a real text editor or something like Coda (worth the price) or Smultron (free) and do what you want…
Try and learn, it's the best way.
Vaska A / 2009-06-26 16:37:06   

Dreamweaver is intended to edit documents on your desktop and then upload them - not work on a live server. I don't know why, but it's very problematic at the upload for some reason (that has nothing to do with Indexhibit). Could it be setup to work properly? Probably, but I think you need to understand how it's settings work...

But Coda and other tools are much easier to understand in this respect.

fourcolourblack / 2009-06-26 18:13:18   

I agree with you all, I'd rather use a basic coding software. I'll give one of these a go. I actually have a greater grasp on css (as its similar to parapgraph/character styles)… just the html foxes me still.

I suppose I could edit the style.css file and apply it to a copy of the homepage somewhere if all else fails.

I'll try the real programme now though.

This thread has been closed, thank you.