Customize Slideshow Image Numbers

bragibjornson / 2009-07-28 19:58:13   

Im doing my best to do a self study + customization of my site based on the example here:

http://www.kostudio.co.uk/index.php?/project/visual-grammar/

I would like to integrate the "nav bar" numbers (01, 02, 03, etc.) into my site, into this page specifically:

http://www.sethborne.com/index.php?/3d/hines-occ/

This is what ive done so far:

1. Created a new exhibit template file off slideshow.php - its called exhibit.slideshow.SB.php because it pretty much looked the same to me minus the number option

Under // images

Ive changed the code to get the correct Previous and Next buttons that i wanted. And reordered because in the end - i wanted the numbers to come first.

2. I added several lines of code to my style.css - all that seem relevant to editing this piece of the site.

3. I updated my index.php file to include all the javascript types of the example site. Except - I had to delete the line with site/js/jquery.cycle.all.js because was messing up the whole exhibit.

4. I know my problem (well i think) is centered around the code that needs to go into my exhibition.slideshow.SB.php at line 69 - where it builds the nav bar.

In the model page in the html (looking at it through Firebug), there is one group of code, and one line of code: (minus the 's)

span id="galleryItems"/span (this is the group)
and
span class="green"|/span

If i just copy/paste these, I get this: (Not Surprising)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/s/b/c/sbcomadmin/html/sborne/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/exhibit.slideshow.SB.php on line 70

I tried to hardcode the "galleryItems" under the Exhibits:Edit Window - that didn't work. (and i don't think it was remotely correct way to do it.)

Im wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get this code out of the example site, but its just not coming to me...

Could anyone assist me with the translation of this nav code that needs to be inserted (I think) two lines after //images in my exhibit.slideshow.SB.php (it would be the same in exhibit.slideshow.php - line 69) OR - a bit of a system to look at the code in Firebug and translate it that will be more fruitful?

I've only started with Indexhibit 1 day ago - and i think ive come pretty far with my site, through the forums and reading other peoples code - but this one has me stumped.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

Vaska A / 2009-07-29 03:43:30   

You're not far off already...keep trying. Simply cutting and pasting though...you get the error because you have double quotes messing things you. Simply add \ (backward slash) before each double quote (the parts you are inserting) and it should work. You just need to escape the quote so they are not active...

kapodaki / 2009-10-23 15:24:47   

@bragibjornson, What plugin do you use on page http://www.sethborne.com/index.php?/3d/hines-occ/Webpage

lemathieu A / 2009-10-23 15:30:23   

Search the "djuve plugin" on the forum.

kapodaki / 2009-10-23 20:22:37   

I tried djuve plugin but there is one problem: if exhibition placed on the bottom of page and I click on thumbnail it drags the page on the top. Your plugin works correctly it stay on the same place.

m0 / 2010-05-10 11:30:52   

Yeah i got exactly the same problem with djuve and searched the whole indexhibit-site for an answer. but no luck.

each time i sroll down a picture and click on it for the next one the page jumps to the top. this is very annoying when you've got a text above the djuve-gallery. does anyone got an idea how to solve this problem?

my EXAMPLE

This thread has been closed, thank you.