scroll under header?

andywd7 / 2009-08-15 16:04:14   

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to customise my site and have added a header at the top.

But I'm using the over and over plugin for all my exhibits and when you scroll down the content does over the header rather than disappear underneath it!

How do I get the content to go beneath the header?

www.andrewdenham.com/work/test

Any help would be really appreciated? I'm very close to finishing the site! Last couple of hurdles!

Thank you

lemathieu A / 2009-08-15 16:43:29   

In this case, use z-index.

lemathieu A / 2009-08-15 16:57:01   

like this in your index.php (without space after the opening brakets)

1. < div id='content'>
  2. < a href="WHERE_YOU_WANT-TO-POINT" id="THE_ID_YOU_WANT">
  3. < img border="0" width="XX" height="XX" alt="WHAT_YOU_WANT" src="WHERE-YOU-FILE-IS"/>
  4. < /a>

and style it in your css

1. #THE_ID_YOU_GIVE {z-index:1001;}
  2.     a#THE_ID_YOU_GIVE {
  3.     top: XXpx;
  4. left: 0;
  5.     position: fixed;
  6.     background: none;
  7.     border:none;
  8.     }
  9.     a#THE_ID_YOU_GIVE img {
  10.     border: none;
  11.     }

In fact, z-index works like layers in photoshop.

andywd7 / 2009-08-15 17:55:26   

Hey lemathieu!

Thanks for helping me! I have almost got it working! Just have 2 questions?

1. What is the alt= bit for in the index.php?

2. If I've done it right, I had to make the header a jpeg of my logo with a white background and the width of the page. This makes the whole header a link back to my home page rather than just my logo!?

Have I done this right? Can I make the header out of my logo jpeg, linked to my home page, and a white rectangle jpeg?

Thank you so much for your help!

andywd7 / 2009-08-15 18:58:13   

Or how would I put my date and email line in as part of the header too and not the content?

www.andrewdenham.com/work/test

Thank you

andywd7 / 2009-08-15 19:31:37   

This is what I have in my index.php! Where do I put the < h2> bit? Thank you

< div id='content'>
< a href="http://www.andrewdenham.com" id="header">
< img border="0" width="838px" height="114px" alt="WHAT_YOU_WANT" src="http://www.andrewdenham.com/files/denhamlogo.jpg"/>
< /a>
< div class='container'>

< h2>Andrew Denham | Print & Publication Design | < a href="mailto:hello@andrewdenham.com">
hello@andrewdenham.com | < script language=Javascript>
< !-- Script courtesy of Web-Source.net - Your Guide to Professional Web Site Design and Development
document.write(months[month]+" "+today+", "+year)
// -->
< /script>< /h2>

lemathieu A / 2009-08-15 20:54:54   

Ok !

So… one by one.
1. What is the alt= bit for in the index.php?

What about searching a bit ? Better way to learn stuffs… ;)
2. If I've done it right, I had to make the header a jpeg of my logo with a white background and the width of the page. This makes the whole header a link back to my home page rather than just my logo!?

That's exact.
Can I make the header out of my logo jpeg, linked to my home page, and a white rectangle jpeg?

You have to create 2 divs in this case.
Or how would I put my date and email line in as part of the header too and not the content?

By an other div, on another z-index (higher to see it above your white rectangle).
lemathieu A / 2009-08-15 20:56:44   

And, by the way, I like your site.
Great job.

andywd7 / 2009-08-16 18:02:38   

Thanks so much lemathieu!

Got it working perfectly! Took a bit of trying and testing but I got there! I understand more about divs now I think! Just wondering if you could help me with one more thing?

My image captions are positioned using divs but I have put the divs in each text box for each caption! Not a great way to do it I think!

Do you know where exactly I would put the div and id= bit in the over and over plugin!? I have tried several times and nothing seems to be right!?

Thank you so much for all your help!

This thread has been closed, thank you.