Floating menu using Crabs plug-in

Orun / 2009-09-04 13:44:31   

Hi all

I'm having a bit of a problem making my menu float while using the crabs plug-in. I've read and tried what the existing posts mention and have read a few source/csss codes from existing websites.

Essentially, the aim is as you click on each exhibit, I would like the user to be able to still have full access to menu and be able to scroll through images.

Also, is there a way the Exhibit's text box can always appear on right of a page like the menu would do? At the moment, from what I've seen, as you scroll through images, the text box scrolls away aswell (as its an element within the text box). So as you click on a exhibit and scroll through images, the menu stays in the same place and the text box would stay as well. I'm assuming you would have to add another 'text' box within the code somewhere?

My site is:

www.orunuddin.com

Any ideas?

Vaska A / 2009-09-04 13:48:56   

Crabs? You mean 'horizontal', right?

Orun / 2009-09-04 13:50:58   

Hey Vaska - thats right.

Orun / 2009-09-04 14:02:27   

Vaska - I just found out where I went wrong, I added the wrong code - its now working. Thanks for your response though.

Do you have any idea about the second part of the question, having a permanent text box on the right (or wherever) for each exhibit even when scrolling?

Vaska A / 2009-09-04 14:13:26   

Hmmm...you could try styling the box that holds text with a position absolute. To make this possible you would need to add a position relative to the container that holds both the text and images.

Give that a shot...let us know how it goes...

This thread has been closed, thank you.