indexibit vs. wordpress woes

dpi / 2007-12-07 17:33:02   

Hello,

My host/domain is with GoDaddy.

I've setup Inexibit and all is fine, after setting up the SQL Database.

The question:Do I need to add another MySQL for the same domain - thats already using Indexibit; Number of MySQL Databases Used: (1 of 10)

As last time something went completely wrong and I couldnt access anything - had to contact GoDaddy support and ended up deleting the indexibit SQL database and all the files from FTP.

Hope this makes sense?Thanks for looking, dpi.

Vaska A / 2007-12-07 21:29:39   

No, it should install just fine...but...

Install Indexhibit in your root...and then install Wordpress in a folder of the root...

/www/

dpi / 2007-12-08 22:18:06   

thanks it worked :o)

The problem I encountered last time was: changing the wordpress address location to www.blog.mywebsite.com - now im just leaving it as www.mywebsite.com/blog

talz / 2008-12-17 15:02:39   

I have the iframe working to have wordpress live inside indexhibit. but curious what this means:

"Install your WP blog to a folder outside of Indexhibit. For our purposes, let's say we installed to a folder above Indexhibit called 'journal'."

I don't really understand what I should put on my FTP server? I would really like to have the blog not exist outside of my site (i.e. someone cannot go to billsmithphotos@wordpress.com but can only see the blog from within my site). Is this what the above lines refer to when it indicates to install a blog folder on your server?

talz / 2008-12-17 15:03:25   

sorry, that should be billsmithphotos.wordpress.com NOT billsmithphotos@wordpress.com.

LeslieOA / 2008-12-17 16:05:02   

@talz: -
I think what Vaska means is that you should try to install WordPress outside of Indexhibit.

Examples
Say Indexhibit is installed on your FTPs root: -

1. /index.php
  2. /ndxz-studio/
  3. /files/

Your could/should install WordPress under a folder called 'blog': -

1. /index.php
  2. /ndxz-studio/
  3. /files/
  4. /blog/

Warning(s)
If you have clean URLs enabled in Indexhibit and one of your sections is called 'blog', you/your visitors will have problems accessing either your Indexhibit section and it's contents or your WordPress installation.

It'd be difficult for your web server to distinguish between http://www.yourwebsite.com/blog/ (Indexhibit clean/virtual URL) and http://www.yourwebsite.com/blog/ (WordPress installation folder)... Hope that makes some sense.

Using a sub-domain like you suggested above would help, but you'd also need to update your WordPress config/settings to reflect this (visit their docs or google it).

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Peace.

This thread has been closed, thank you.