Built with Indexhibit

ekeneijeoma.com

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

i have a new website. ekeneijeoma.com the newest sections are ekeneijeoma.com/tumblr and ekeneijeoma.com/delicious. ill be making small changes in the next week and posting more things on my tumblr so therell be more there soon. also i've been testing in ie but i think there may be some problems which i didnt find... so let me know. thanks!

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello!!

...how about typing tumblr in the search box on the left? ;-)

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

you mean the browser search box? there are no search boxes on my website... are you saying youd rather see the tumblr page on tumblrs website using their themes?

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

sorry -...I mean put tumblr in the search box on the left of this forum.
People have loaded tumblr through two different iframes... I can't remember how it was done so search it...

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

as you can see my website doesnt use anything near the same theme as the basic indexhibit themes so i cant use iframes like they mayve. anyhow i think its much easier to use tumblrs rss and json api to load everything and style them as opposed to styling tumblrs page like my website which would take a lot longer i think. anything else?

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

That's great! I'm confused with what the problem is - nevertheless it would be great for others to share this solution...

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

thanks but there is no problem. i was asking moreso what people thought about the design of everything... anyhow i did it using jquery and tumblrs api. i was thinking of making it a plugin for indexhibit when i have more time.

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Oh man - I goofed on this one!

I like the design although - when it comes to the tumblr page at some point I get this in your navigation:
TAGS / 3 OF 20 /NEXT which is kind of confusing cause it takes a while to get that TAGS is actually the previous post and first post (there's no previous button or 2 OF 20)

The delicious links don't seem to be working on my safari and ff gets the feeds but it's stalling - a lot...

After seing text in lower caps, I realised and that you're using an Emigré font (base nine???)... a nice surprise. ;-)

lemathieu A
FRANCE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I found your site beautyfull !

like your use of cufon (everywhere ;) )
btw, the delicious is not working on my mac with firefox : I go your tags, but nothing happens when I click…
and your tumblr is just "loading"… nothing.

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

thanks for the replies.

arsondpi there was a mistype in the delicious and tumblr js

and

lemathieu the delicious bookmark css was broken... and the tumblr api has been up and down the past few days...

but now everything is fixed. so when you have time try again and tell me if you have any more problems.

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

i added vimeo today using the most of the same script i used to add tumblr and delicious. also i fixed some image resizing problems. so let me know if you have any problems with that. thanks!

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

you can find it at ekeneijeoma.com/where...

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

ekene, ...share all this...
;-)

UNITED KINGDOM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Great stuff Ekene. It's quite text heavy for my tastes but I think it suits your work.

I thought that perhaps the image viewer should cycle through to the beginning once you are at the end of one lot perhaps?

Also, the flashing state of the cufon, is that done with text-decoration? I've only managed active states with it and of course rollovers don't work :(

I like the rollover menu that drops down on some of the images ;)

ekene
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

thanks. the image slider should go to the start... i had it like that before but i cant remember when or why i changed it... ill do that later today. also what flashing are you seeing? also ive designed everything so i dont have to use rollovers. anything with an underline is a link and etc. so i didnt rollovers to tell the which text are links and etc. and also the drop downs should show on all the images in the delicious and tumblr sections... but its somewhat buggy... thanks. ill be making more fixes later this week so let me know what problems youre having with cufon and text decoration... what os and browser are you using?

lpng
NETHERLANDS
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Woud you mind sharing the tumblr part?
How did you do that? :)

Showing 1 - 16 of 16 posts in Forum » Critique » ekeneijeoma.com

This thread has been closed, thank you.