Centered Theme

wendyc / 2011-01-18 15:33:17   

Thank you for a great theme but I am having the same problem as freizeitmeister and timothyd, AND I have seen the fix by freizeitmeister. I am new to indexhibit but also eso stupid because I still cant figure it out. I have also read over and over the way to upload the files to my server but it just wont work and I get;

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /mounted-storage/home53b/sub005/sc10511/www/indexhibit/indexhibitv070e/ndxz-studio/site/thecentered_theme/index.php in /mounted-storage/home53b/sub005/sc10511/www/indexhibit/indexhibitv070e/index.php on line 81

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mounted-storage/home53b/sub005/sc10511/www/indexhibit/indexhibitv070e/index.php on line 81

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mounted-storage/home53b/sub005/sc10511/www/indexhibit/indexhibitv070e/index.php on line 82

Can anyone help me please? What files do I upload to where?

thanks
Wendy

joshbfeld / 2011-01-18 22:01:35   

Hi all

I am really having trouble getting any thing to work.

I uploaded the Centered Theme folder to the /ndxz-studio/site via FileZilla.

I switched to advanced mode and chose the thecentered_theme, but now my site just comes up blank.

Is there a step that I am forgetting or what do I need to do. I really want to make use of the Slider Pro, but I cant seem to get anywhere with this alone.

Please help.
Thanks

www.joshuabfeldman.com

plek / 2011-01-30 13:42:50   

There seems to be a bug with SliderPro Auto. I'm not sure if it's the same one lemathieu mentioned previously though.

A friend alerted me to how this message pops up & the automatic slideshow doesn't appear: "ALERT: THE THUMBNAILS SLIDER IS TOO WIDE! thumbsPercentReduction and/or buttonsWidth needs to be scaled down!"

I don't get this error in Chrome or Safari. My friend is using Firefox and I've found that it also happens in Opera.

Can anyone help?

plek / 2011-01-30 13:43:25   

There seems to be a bug with SliderPro Auto. I'm not sure if it's the same one lemathieu mentioned previously though.

A friend alerted me to how this message pops up & the automatic slideshow doesn't appear: "ALERT: THE THUMBNAILS SLIDER IS TOO WIDE! thumbsPercentReduction and/or buttonsWidth needs to be scaled down!"

I don't get this error in Chrome or Safari. My friend is using Firefox and I've found that it also happens in Opera.

Can anyone help?

alucidwake / 2011-02-09 19:50:43   

I've been struggling with this IE issues for a good solid chunk of time... I was really hoping that someone could give me a hand. I've looked through this thread; all of my images are PNG's but I've added the IE clear.gif script.

My issue is that no matter what display format I choose, when I go from one image to the next on IE (8 even) in the Centered Theme, the positioning of the images goes completely out of whack. I've also tried adding

1. position : fixed !important;
  2. position: absolute; /*ie6 and above*/

to my #copy in style.css, but no luck.

The website is http://www.kuffermanstructures.com

Anything at this point is greatly appreciated.......

Nick

Pagaill / 2011-03-30 05:16:35   

Hi everyone,
Klara did find the solution for the horizontal menu and it looks great:
"I managed to get my menus horizontal..got some help on 99.se (the best mac-forum there is)

and now the menu look like this; klaranilsson.com and kristoffernilsson.se"
But everything is in swedish....hard to understand for a french guy.

Would it be possible to have some help? in english?
Thanks

Note: I love that theme.

Pagaill / 2011-03-30 05:21:29   

One other thing about that Theme.
If you chose to show the pictures with the horizontale plugin, the menu does not stay centered when you scroll right.
Is there a solution?
(I have to admit I have a short experience in CSS, but I'm working on it!)

gilaman / 2011-05-08 09:23:24   

hi

may i know which file is connected to this line

1. <plug:front_index /> on the index.php of the centered_theme? i need to change the menu links with an image. thanks!
danhaskett / 2011-05-09 02:55:18   

Hello

I was wondering if its possible to move the logo over to the right hand side of the menu?

Thanks

Dan

sean54 / 2011-05-11 08:21:47   

Hi,
I have the same problem as joshbfeld, the page just turns blank when I change to centred theme.

danhaskett / 2011-05-15 12:44:13   

Did anyone work out how to get the iframe plugin working with this theme? I am having this problem at the moment -

http://www.bonobopress.co.uk/blog/blog/

Thanks

Dan

belbrodo / 2011-05-17 08:22:36   

hi,
someone can tell me how i can put in the centeredtheme with the slider exhibit the images on top of the text, and not after?

thanks

Soldeus / 2011-06-13 13:07:05   

I think im being stupid but I just don't know how to make the SliderPro work, installed all the required plugins, js and so.
But I dont know where do I have to upload the img and how to create the Slider at the main page like at the centered webpage.

Did I forgot something?

website : http://restaurantecasaagustin.es/ thats how it looks right now.

Thanks for the help.

Soldeus / 2011-06-13 13:09:57   

Sorry for doubleposting, forget about this. I was using "SliderPro" exhibit but now it works perfect using "SliderProAuto". Very very cool theme, thanks!

chrisk / 2011-07-26 17:06:26   

Has anyone found solution for ALERT: THE THUMBNAILS SLIDER IS TOO WIDE! problem?

Im having this problem with IE9. I can see this problem at http://test.hmplus.net/ too.

Thanks in advance.

fernandaboffo / 2011-09-29 11:17:35   

Same problem as Pagaill:

"If you chose to show the pictures with the horizontal plugin, the menu does not stay centered when you scroll right.
Is there a solution?"

I would be so glad if someone could help me.
See here:

http://nichtjetzt.com/index.php?/2-geld/

blameme / 2011-09-30 08:01:15   

Hi, you can add position:fixed to #menu in your .css

It's a bit more work to get your logo fixed as well, probably the easiest is to edit index.php and put the whole #menu div inside the #top-section div, then fix the position of that whole block, hope it helps.

yomismo / 2011-10-02 13:26:07   

Hola a todos !!!

No se si esta duda pertenece a este hilo, sino disculpad.

Mi web va cogiendo un buen aire pero amigos que la han visto desde su ordenador me dicen que hay imagenes y textos movidos, sin embargo yo en mi ordenador lo veo todo bien.
Imagino que podrá ser por el tamaño de su pantalla.
En cualquier caso, sabeis como solucionar el problema para que se vea siempre de la misma manera?

Esta es mi dirección:
www.valentinmoyatrio.com

Muchas gracias.

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-05 09:26:48   

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks a lot to Vaska, all the exhibit crew and Lemathieu for the central theme ! It's really nice to learn to build websites with what you created.

I'm actually making a website for a friend, http://www.simonnaouri.com/ , after a lot of reading through the forum I manage to make something I'm happy with.

But I still got a little problem I don't understand :
On Firefox everything is fine, but on Chrome their is something wrong with the menu :
When you click on a exhibition, on the new page the separator stays on its lowest position with blank above.

It's working fine on lemathieu's website ( http://test.hmplus.net/) so I suppose I made something wrong while building my site...
I suppose I have to change something in one of the php or javascript files...
I'm a beginner, php and js are still really mysterious languages for me...so if someone have an idea of what I made wrong and can give me a hint about how to fix this I would be really happy.

Thanks!

(by the way, sorry for the probably lame english, I'm French ;) )

blameme / 2011-10-05 09:46:47   

@yomismo, Puede ser por mil razones, pero sin mirarlo la mayoría de veces es por código invalido, deberías validar tu codigo con W3c validator

blameme / 2011-10-05 09:48:05   

@Nina_Nina Fixed? Works fine for me on Chrome on PC

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-06 08:53:40   

@blameme : No, I didn't change anytging yet, and it's still not working on my Chrome (also on PC).
I will try to follow the advice you gave to yomismo and check if my problem has to be blame on an invalid code.

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-07 05:25:04   

I fixed the invalid stuffs in my HTML, my CSS and HTML are validated by W3C...and my separator bar is still not going up when it should.

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-07 07:11:12   

Here is something strange :

On the index.php file of the theme, around line 60 :

When it's written like that, without / before files :

< div id='separator'>
< img border="0" width="900" height="14" alt="" src="files/separateur.png"/>
< /div>

The menu goes up and down like it should (except on the main page) but the separator is invisible.

and when it's written like that :

< div id='separator'>
< img border="0" width="900" height="14" alt="" src="/files/separateur.png"/>
< /div>

The separator is visible but the up and down thing doesn't work with Chrome.

I guess I have to change something on those lines to make it works fine but I still don't get what...

If somebody understand what is wrong a little help would be wonderful.

website simonnaouri

pernin / 2011-10-07 11:36:00   

Have you tried to give it a full path? http://www.simonnaouri.com/files/separateur.png

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-08 05:58:29   

Yes, with the full path it works exactly like when there is only : "/files/separateur.png"/>

emuneck / 2011-10-10 06:34:48   

Hello.

I've started to put together a website and I wanted to have a central theme so I searched the forum and came across this. It's perfect, I love the design and the slider pro exhibit themes.

I'm confident I've followed the instructions to the letter but there are a couple of things wrong with my site. I've read all five pages here and no one seems to have the same problems.

1st problem: "Slder Pro" and "Slider Pro Auto" are not working. You can see here Webpage

2nd problem: When I click between the links say "Gallery" and then "About" I end up just being directed to the home page with this url http://www.natural--photography.co.uk/websites/123reg/LinuxPackage24/na/tu/ra/natural--photography.co.uk/public_html/about/about/

I assume they are related somehow but I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone help?

emuneck / 2011-10-11 08:07:00   

I've tried the sample Theme and the 2nd problem is happening there to! I may have to reinstall Indexhibit from scratch.

emuneck / 2011-10-11 09:26:33   

It's ok, it's just my cruddy 123reg hosting doesn't let me have clean urls!

emuneck / 2011-10-11 09:27:15   

I wonder if this is also why slider pro isn't working!

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-17 09:39:01   

Hi, here is another strange stuff with the centered theme and how it works on different navigators.

On iPad and iPhone, the footer end up in the middle of the content on the long pages.

I partially fixed this with a piece of code found here http://www.lazycoder.com/weblog/2010/05/27/quick-jquery-hack-to-fix-positionfixed-toolbars-in-iphoneipadipod-touch/

if (navigator.platform == 'iPad' || navigator.platform == 'iPhone' || navigator.platform == 'iPod')
{
$("#indexhibit").css("position", "static");
$("#copy").css("position", "static");

};

It works perfectly for the "Build with Indexibit" part, but it puts the Post-Nav Text (I identified here with the #copy ) above the separator.
Does anybody understand why it doesn't have the same effect on both?
It's not a really big problem, but I feel close from the solution and don't want to give away yet.

And I'm also still stuck with the separator problem I explained above...

The website I'm working on : http://www.simonnaouri.com/

Thanks!

Nina_Nina / 2011-10-19 11:28:11   

Hi, I finally fixed my separator problem.
I still don't know what was wrong and used a nasty way to solve this...I deleted the separator div in the index code and add a line in each part above my pictures or text with the CSS.
I guess that there must be a better solution but it's works like that...

Anjiya / 2011-10-24 04:57:07   

Center menu links in centered theme?

Hello! I have been searching a lot but yet not managed to work it out.. Is it possible to center the links in the top menu, so that the are on one sinlge centered row (underneath the logo)?

My website

Many thanks, if anyone knows! :)

rickymonti / 2011-11-02 15:34:04   

Hi, thanks to Lemathieu and his crew.
I'm reviewing my website switching from std indexhibit to centered theme. Every things work well on IE7,8 on Chrome 15, Safari, Firefox on Mac. I had problem with Mozilla on Windows platform.
Problems:
The submenu's remain always visible and I can't select the themes.
The selections: blog facebook twitter usually on horizontal line appear vertically and their selection wrong.

I updated my Firefox on W7 platform and now works fine..but I still get the problem on XP and Vista..

My website: rickymonti.net

PS I can send the screenshot of the problem

Many thanks in advance

G470 / 2011-11-02 16:39:48   

hmmm, think you made a few changes that are not really valid.
Try to validate the site here.
I think especially the font tag you use in the template is written and closed wrong ;)

rickymonti / 2011-11-03 05:57:02   

Great, I caused the problem adding some HTML tags into Indexhibit Home Page (into the HTML before Menu).
This was what I added:

Blog

rickymonti / 2011-11-03 06:22:05   

Sorry but the tags I added has been interpreted by the forum it self!!!
The question is: where I may add "buttons" into the main page ?? like a "blog" or "twitter" or a picture with a link to..my blog my twitter etc ??.
I've added into the Main page "before menu"...but as you have seen some where it doesn't work.
Many tks in advance

lnam / 2012-01-11 09:37:00   

@ Lemathieu Thank you for this gorgeous theme and for the sliderproauto/sliderpro exhibition!

I have the same question as @ Tamarita. The last image just doesn't show up in all my exhibitions when I use sliderproauto and sliderpro.

Also instead of arrow keys, &lar and &rar show up. Is there any way to fix these two problems? I've been tinkering with my stylesheet and just can't figure it out.

My Site: www.lorrainenam.com

lnam / 2012-01-11 09:37:11   

@ Lemathieu Thank you for this gorgeous theme and for the sliderproauto/sliderpro exhibition!

I have the same question as @ Tamarita. The last image just doesn't show up in all my exhibitions when I use sliderproauto and sliderpro.

Also instead of arrow keys, &lar and &rar show up. Is there any way to fix these two problems? I've been tinkering with my stylesheet and just can't figure it out.

My Site: www.lorrainenam.com

mlaniew123 / 2012-01-27 10:23:07   

@ Lemathieu, First of all, thank you for the fabulous theme...

I have made a Centered Theme with a SlidePro exhibition. I do have a problem with the arrow icon. They appear like a problème text. I don't understand why.

I have noticed thatthe problem appear as well on the centered website: http://test.hmplus.net/index.php?/formats/slider-pro/

An idea?

Thank you

leonekn / 2012-01-30 20:13:43   

hi,

thank you so much for sharing this theme. it's pretty great!! I just installed it and it looked fine this afternoon when i was working on it and changing my fonts and colours. but when i looked at it this evening after i had simply (or so i thought) changed the link for my image in the prenav area...now it's all whacked out. ha. I was wondering if you see anything completely out of sync? i haven't touched anything that remotely messes with the links and things.

thanks for your help (which you guys do really well and patiently)

leonekn / 2012-01-30 21:02:49   

nevermind! i'm figuring it out as i go! these forums are uber helpful if i just calm down and read everything in the thread. this is fun, this problem solving is making my deductive reasoning so sharpe.

Malthe / 2012-02-01 05:52:00   

Okay after some trying editing css and html Im looking for help here..

I have tried reading the whole thread but there was nothing I could use exactly for my problem..

I have the overall motive to make a site similar to http://www.tylerwilliamparker.com/

I have downloaded the centered theme and loving it (:

But im having some problems:

1. I have removed the seperator..
On my mail page I have a giant "about this site" picture - and when I use textmate or coda on mac to check my index.php in the centered theme I can't find it..
How can I remove this irritating picture?

2. I have tried to make my site look like tyler weilliams ' but if I copy paste the css my site is just completly ruined :/
How can I position a logo and the menu like he does?
Can anyone help me getting there with some step by step?

My site is here - Webpage

Thx so much in advance!

leonekn / 2012-02-01 15:27:46   

just wanted to post a link to my site after i installed the Center Theme and did some modifications:

www.theinvisiblecow.com

thanks for all the work!! God knows how long it would've taken me to figure all this stuff out without you guys doing all the meaty stuff first.

It's looking great!

pernin / 2012-02-01 15:42:03   

Indeed, it does! say hello to the garden gnomes ;)

Malthe / 2012-02-02 01:49:15   

Leonekn,

Don't know if you know it - but your image on your main page is broken..

You might wanna look into that (:

Regards !

leonekn / 2012-02-02 09:43:33   

oh yes Malthe thanks, i took it down...and am now messing with the sliderfloat left option since my thickbox doesn't work anymore from updating the jquery.

aut / 2012-02-17 16:21:04   

Hello,
Thanks for this wonderful theme. I'm using it for making a friend's photography website: Webpage

I ran into an issue with regards to the menu. If I leave the section title, I have no problem clicking through to the project (it shows as a link, but when you click, it doesn't follow through). But if I turn off the Section Title Display, the project doesn't work. This can be seen in the About and Contact section.

When I switch the theme back to Sample, it works perfectly.

I thought it was something I had done with the CSS manipulation, but I created another database to test it from the beginning and it seems as though it is an issue with the theme itself. I'm sure there is something going on with the js or php, but cannot find it for the life of me.

The strangest part is that the link shows, it just doesn't transfer the page. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

csae8221 / 2012-03-12 12:50:04   

Hallo,

this theme is abolutely great, thank you!!

I only have the problem that the separator disappears in the exhibitions. It's only visible on the main page. I've read that others had the same problem but didn't find a solution.

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Julia - my site

ivana / 2012-06-30 22:01:47   

Hello,

I just installed new indexhibit and cant quite figure out how to make this theme work.
In the instructions says that the theme folder should go in /site folder which is not there in the new setup. Or is that ndxzsite in the new version?

thanks,
ivana

This thread has been closed, thank you.