Slideshow/Thumbnail power combo?

hwm187 / 2010-08-27 17:56:31   

ah, i get it now!

hwm187 / 2010-08-27 18:03:16   

ah, i get it now!

ds / 2010-09-16 18:50:26   

Greetings

Am playing around with this plugin, have modified it nicely as can be seen here:

http://www.derekshapton.com/20ten/index.php?/project/portraits/2/

However I am unable to figure out how to position the image numbers (ie "1/14") and nav text underneath the shot rather then next to it (click on one of the thumbnails to see what i mean). Also, how do I set it up so that the top edge of the images align with the top of the logo like on the splash page slideshow here:

http://www.derekshapton.com/20ten/

Any suggestions?

thanks!

ds

rickykappa / 2010-09-16 22:47:49   

hi derek, I've customized this plugin as well and given that part (numbers/prev/next) a fixed position, but you can as well move it where you want.
see your code in the plugin? i.e. you should have a
<span style='margin-right: 10px'>$i / $total</span> ... Next</a>
wrap this whole part in a div (for any styling you might want to apply) and position it after the
... class='img-bot' /></a><p><br />{$title}</p>
before the following </div>
there might be some difference between the code I've posted here and yours, as we both have customized things, but it should make sense anyway...
hope it can help
;-)

chhandak / 2010-09-21 12:57:44   

Greetings

I am using a slightly customised version of the SlidethumbCombo plugin that puts slideshow as default and thumbnails as an option. Perfect for my needs.

But when I click on the "+ click here for thumbnails +" link
it takes two click instead of the usual one to take me to the thumbnail view. However once this has been done, for all consecutive attempts the thmbnail view opens with one click. The problem recurrs when the page is refreshed or when other pages are opened.
Here is a LINK to my test page on www.chhandakpradhan.com

I am not a coder, so any help would be great !

Cheers

careyk / 2010-09-21 13:56:44   

Hi, I just noticed that @chhandak is talking about the same issue that I just posted info about on another thread. I'm having the same double-click problem using a customized version of slidethumbpower combo. I found this code online:

setTimeout:

var clicks = 0;
(element).onclick = function() {
if(clicks==0) setTimeOut("checkClicks()", 250);
clicks++;
}
function checkClicks() {
if(clicks==1) { doSingleClick(); }
else { doDoubleClick; }
clicks = 0;
}

But I'm having trouble with where to put it, and what to change about it (I'm not a coder either). The code is meant for someone who wants to have two different functions on a link- one for a single click and another for a double click. I just want the single click function to work. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!
Here's my site- careykirkella.com

careyk / 2010-09-21 13:58:44   

Hi, I just noticed that @chhandak is talking about the same issue that I just posted info about on another thread. But I realized that it should be in here instead of in the installations forum. I'm having the same double-click problem using a customized version of slidethumbpower combo. I found this code online:

setTimeout:

var clicks = 0;
(element).onclick = function() {
if(clicks==0) setTimeOut("checkClicks()", 250);
clicks++;
}
function checkClicks() {
if(clicks==1) { doSingleClick(); }
else { doDoubleClick; }
clicks = 0;
}

But I'm having trouble with where to put it, and what to change about it (I'm not a coder either). The code is meant for someone who wants to have two different functions on a link- one for a single click and another for a double click. I just want the single click function to work. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!
Here's my site- careykirkella.com

danwilton / 2011-01-06 11:49:54   

Hi there

I've been using some of the tips in this thread for my site here

I've noticed one little issue that I can't rectify. When in the slideshow view, if you navigate backwards, if you are on the first image and click back, the page will go blank, rather than cycling to the last image as it does here

Anyone got any idea how to solve this glitch?

And the other thing, I'm not sure if this is an obvious thing but I'd like to tweak the layout/style of the thumbnails so that they're closer together and also so that they all have the same height.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Dan

mrshankly2011 / 2011-01-09 10:33:22   

Awesome plugin! Thanks. Is there a way to keep the nav controls in place when the image is advanced? Currently, they reload on advance and I find the transition a little jarring. I'm hoping for something that looks and feels *exactly* like the regular Slideshow format, but with the ability to click anywhere on the image to move forward. Can this do that?

tiinat / 2011-01-12 10:44:46   

Hi!
I've got a problem with aligning the thumbnails;

I'd like them to be lined up with the line on the menu; as they are once you click either of the sections (people / places),
but when clicking 'back to thumbnails' they appear higher up on the page... and when refreshing the browser they drop down again...

Obviously new with this but...I've tried all sorts in the css, and emptied history/cache but can't sort it out..

Any suggestions?
thanks!
Tiina
Webpage

troy / 2011-01-27 21:01:49   

Thank you for making this exhibit! It's exactly what I needed, I've been working on it for a bit now before launching my site (stage site can be seen
here). I've noticed a few similar problems pop up here that I'm having and was wondering if they have been resolved:

Dan, did you ever figure out how to fix the issue when you go backwards from the first image and a blank screen appears rather than the last image?

Mr Shankly, did you ever figure out how to keep the navigation controls fixed when changing images?

Also, if anyone can help me in placing the navigation controls below the image that would be just dandy... I saw it mentioned before but was not able to find the code mentioned.

thanks again for providing such a great platform!

troy / 2011-01-27 21:02:16   

Thank you for making this exhibit! It's exactly what I needed, I've been working on it for a bit now before launching my site (stage site can be seen
here). I've noticed a few similar problems pop up here that I'm having and was wondering if they have been resolved:

Dan, did you ever figure out how to fix the issue when you go backwards from the first image and a blank screen appears rather than the last image?

Mr Shankly, did you ever figure out how to keep the navigation controls fixed when changing images?

Also, if anyone can help me in placing the navigation controls below the image that would be just dandy... I saw it mentioned before but was not able to find the code mentioned.

thanks again for providing such a great platform!

troy / 2011-01-27 22:06:32   

Update:
I managed to get the navigation controls below the images but only my first image in the exhibit appears when clicked, the rest do not.

here is the site

any ideas?

I'm not sure how to post the code, it comes up very messy when pasted between the code tags

timmillere3 / 2011-06-28 00:05:35   

Did anyone figure this out?

Here's the difficulty I'm having. I want all of my thumbnails to have the same height but a dynamic width, so that when you look at them on the page, they all line up horizontally, even though some of them are wider than others.

Thanks

pernin / 2011-06-28 01:09:47   

@timmillere: cross-posted, continues on
this thread

Leetomic / 2012-10-25 07:35:52   

Hello guys.
I downloaded a theme named slidethumbcombo.php
i love it but i want to change the size of thumbnails.
does anyone know about it?

leetomic.com/…

This thread has been closed, thank you.