Columner Theme

andres / 2010-02-10 12:17:42   

hi,
this theme is really great!
i have been playing with it, and now I have a problem:
the text do not 'auto-resize' when I change the browser window size.
I also checked the code in the Columner demo site with Firebug and I don't find the difference.
here is my site:
Website
thnks a lot!

pluspunkt / 2010-02-10 12:43:25   

it's lust awesome lemathieu! THX a lot!

mfjonathan / 2010-02-20 23:45:59   

does anyone know how to make this theme work with the iframe plugin?

joarnot / 2010-02-22 19:51:07   

hello!
great theme!! muchisimas gracias!!
there is only one thing that it is not working for me, the iframe plugin... does anyone knows how to fix it?
www.joarnot.com/blog

the external web site is only seen in a littel frame!

thanks!

jergreene / 2010-03-02 21:49:51   

merci infiniment du beau thème !

one thing that i am have a difficult time with is that the section title "info" of my root folder in internet explorer 8 disappears completely.

it seems to happen to whatever section title is all the way on the left side of the page.

it's ok in all other browsers, but of course ie8 has some glitch...

thanks for any help!

site

mbird / 2010-03-07 08:38:31   

This is fantastic, great work guys!
Has anyone had a go at using the expanding menu with this theme? I have had a bit of a play around but cant get it working? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Jillian / 2010-03-07 22:20:40   

This is fantastic, great work guys!
Has anyone had a go at using the expanding menu with this theme? I have had a bit of a play around but cant get it working? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again!

mbird: if you're talking about a collapse menu, i've followed these instructions to a T and it works fine for me: http://www.jacoov.com/files/how-to-collapse-menu-indexhibit.pdf

Jillian / 2010-03-07 22:21:35   

Also, anyone figure out how to fix the iframe issue? Thanks.

mbird / 2010-03-09 05:03:58   

Thanks, no idea what I had done... something silly no doubt.

paucc A / 2010-03-12 23:32:18   

Fantastic theme Mathieu!
Congratulations!

tanuki / 2010-03-13 00:22:44   

Is anybody else having trouble editing basic color/text code in style.css? I attempted to give a background color to the navigation bar:

"/* MENU */

#menu {
    position: fixed;
    width : 100%;
    background-color: 00276e;
}"

But this doesn't work. Also, my code for text/hyperlink/hover color and background color look screwy and don't work. What am I missing?

ivo_valadares / 2010-03-13 21:51:05   

don't you have to put #in the color value?

mine i changed to transparent

Laurelien / 2010-03-15 17:26:03   

Thank you, lemathieu! I am puzzling with this beautiful theme, some with succes, some almost done.

In this thread a comment was made for 'prenav area moving to left'. And that is accactly what I am doing, not with an image but the whole prenav area. Here is what I am talking about. I am almost there, but what do I change in style.css to move sections to the right?

Can someone help me with this? Thank you very much.

Laurelien / 2010-03-15 21:19:50   

It is a pitty you can't update you own post. I have figured it out how I can move things around, played with some numbers in css and it works fine right now.

Thank me! :) No, I am foolish & kidding. Seriuos though, thank you for this nice feature!

j0nas / 2010-05-31 13:30:34   

i am trying to work with this great new theme too, but wondering if there is a possibility to get the pre nav area from the right to the left side of the page. Can anyone help?

thanks,
jonas

mkvis / 2010-06-01 21:29:42   

I downloaded the columner.zip. The columner_ok folder is there, but it's empty - have I missed something?

lemathieu A / 2010-06-02 17:04:52   

Unzip it with another software.

moshe / 2010-06-05 16:56:03   

Great Theme, congrats....!!

Where can i change the spacing between two images? Ive uploaded same size images(600 pix high, res.72dpi) with both on full image size option but they are displayed different size on site...why?

thanks, Peter

moshe / 2010-06-05 16:56:14   

Great Theme, congrats....!!

Where can i change the spacing between two images? Ive uploaded same size images(600 pix high, res.72dpi) with both on full image size option but they are displayed different size on site...why?

thanks, Peter

mikehibbert / 2010-06-12 13:56:24   

Hi - when viewing pictures using the "thickbox" they expand from thumbnails into a slideshow, however the pre nav text (or image, whichever you use) appears ON TOP of these images? Is there any way to put that to the background?

Please help, this is an awesome theme but this is bugging me so much!

mikehibbert / 2010-06-12 13:57:50   

I should probably add that my website is www.mikehibbertphotography.co.uk

arsondpi / 2010-06-12 20:08:30   

lower the number in your z-index for #top-section. You'll find this in your style.css file of the theme you're currently using.

mikehibbert / 2010-06-13 10:49:59   

Awesome thanks! Does this have any other consequences other than moving the pre nav to the back? I've changed it to 100?

ingat007 / 2010-08-06 10:29:59   

Awesome, great work! You saved my live :)

I have one question:

I am using the theme with "slideshow".
I want to open the pictures in the slideshow in a new window by clicking. But how?

Thanks, Inga

Asphodelus / 2010-08-16 21:35:07   

@lemathieu

Was looking for a horizontal theme for some time, thank you.

@anyone

I have a problem with the iframe plugin for indexhibit working properly with the columner theme.

I have gone back and forth between the default theme and my customized theme and have noticed that the #content .container isnt working properly.

anyone else have this problem? or come to this conclusion?

I have set my paddings, margings, top, and left to zero for #menu and #container...

I would like to have the content container working so I can move the content in the iframe over a bit, while retaining a functioning iframe in indexhibit.

This is what I came up with, might be totally wrong here, so thanks in advance for enlightening me!

lemathieu A / 2010-08-17 08:43:11   

Thank you.
What is your site ?

circa / 2010-08-25 20:35:27   

hi

great theme and idea...

having problems - sorry if already posted - but been searching and found similar issues/resolves, but not exactly...

tying to have multiple columns of text before images begin on horizontal scrolling.

new at code etc. but have been trying to ok degree, just cant seem to get pas this.

keep getting images overlaying the text - here is our Webpage

that we are trying on at the minute.

any help with this is much appreciated!

thanks!

circa / 2010-08-25 22:14:44   

Hi -

thanks in advance - but we've figured it out at last! spent hours before posting the question, then found answer straight away!

no doubt will be back as we go along ;)

Vaska A / 2010-08-25 22:50:51   

Thanks for supporting Indexhibit. :/

And Mathieu, who created that format.

skneale / 2010-09-01 20:58:01   

This theme is really nice. I have changed a few things to customize it my liking and I'm running into a small problem but I find it very bothersome.

When you click on a section a horizontal scroll bar shows up for a second while the page loads. I have spent several hours changing parameters (and then changing them back when it's unsuccessful).

www.spencerneale.com

my indexhibit credit is in the credits page btw

thanks

skneale / 2010-09-01 20:59:25   

This theme is really nice. I have changed a few things to customize it my liking and I'm running into a small problem but I find it very bothersome.

When you click on a section a horizontal scroll bar shows up for a second while the page loads. I have spent several hours changing parameters (and then changing them back when it's unsuccessful).

www.spencerneale.com

my indexhibit credit is in the credits page btw

thanks

skneale / 2010-09-05 22:20:43   

bump to top of page... Any help is GREATLY appreciated

THANKS

AlexR42 / 2010-09-06 10:30:29   

Hi. Your theme truly good. But when i uploaded it via ftp to my server and choose in theme menu "columner_ok" my site falling down with this error message:
Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/ndxz-studio/site/columner_ok/index.php in /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/index.php on line 81

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/index.php on line 81

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/index.php on line 82

Please, tell me how to repair it.

AlexR42 / 2010-09-06 10:36:00   

Hi. Your theme truly good. But when i uploaded it via ftp to my server and choose in theme menu "columner_ok" my site falling down with this error message:
Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/ndxz-studio/site/columner_ok/index.php in /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/index.php on line 81

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/index.php on line 81

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mnt/new/home/elestrag/domains/elestrago.ru/public_html/indexhibit/index.php on line 82

Please, tell me how to repair it.

lemathieu A / 2010-09-06 12:43:23   

nothin'… reupload everythin'… try again.
;)

castropereira / 2010-09-20 11:38:22   

Hey!

just solved a lot of my problems, but i still have an issue...

i wanted the top section in this order:

1st - logo

2nd - menu

obs - all aligned to the left...

any one have a clue??

i also want the thumbnails to be square....

cheers!!

castropereira / 2010-09-20 11:39:32   

Hey!

1st - logo

2nd - menu

any one have a clue??

cheers!!

castropereira / 2010-09-20 11:39:58   

Hey!

1st - logo

2nd - menu

any one have a clue??

cheers!!

castropereira / 2010-09-20 11:40:40   

Hey!

1st - logo

2nd - menu

any one have a clue??

cheers!!

castropereira / 2010-09-20 11:50:29   

sorru for the spam but it was giving me an error!!! and saying that i was offline!

andreamorales / 2010-09-22 04:23:11   

Hello,

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm not seeing a lot of the resolutions to these issues regarding the little frame for the external website on my end. I cannot figure out what steps I need to take to make my blog appear outside of the tiny frame. Can someone give me some clear directions or point me to the right source. This is my site. I definitely thought I had searched the forum well enough, so please be kind if I totally overlooked something

Full disclosure: this is my first foray into CSS and the such. Forgive my freestyle coding.

Thanks so much

Tristanh / 2010-10-10 10:33:53   

Hey there,

if you visit tristanhutchinson.com I am trying to put columns of text before images in the exhibits areas. I know it has the code on your website, but am having difficulty, can someone let me know exactly where I am to put it, and if it goes into the .css or the Index.php, and where about it goes?
Thanks so much!
Tris.

Tristanh / 2010-10-10 10:42:59   

Hey there,

if you visit tristanhutchinson.com I am trying to put columns of text before images in the exhibits areas. I know it has the code on your website, but am having difficulty, can someone let me know exactly where I am to put it, and if it goes into the .css or the Index.php, and where about it goes?
Thanks so much!
Tris.

Tristanh / 2010-10-11 00:32:39   

NEED HELP WITH BELOW

@CIRCA
tying to have multiple columns of text before images begin on horizontal scrolling.

new at code etc. but have been trying to ok degree, just cant seem to get pas this.

keep getting images overlaying the text

AND

thanks in advance - but we've figured it out at last! spent hours before posting the question, then found answer straight away!

Any chance u could explain how u did it?
Thanks!
Tris

iamues / 2010-10-11 09:43:19   

i would like to know how to put an external link in the menu bar. can't find the answer sorry :)

iamues / 2010-10-11 09:43:42   

i would like to know how to put an external link in the menu bar. can't find the answer sorry :)

arsondpi / 2010-10-11 13:15:52   

use the link icon () to create links

Laurie / 2010-11-28 19:32:17   

Hi there

\n\n

Love the theme

\n\n

I am pretty new to all this coding stuff

\n\n

1-I want to reduce the size of the gap between the buttons.

\n\n

2-I want to move the thickbox group of thumbnails down without modify the style.css so the adjustment doesnt effect the reset of the site.

\n\n

Thanks for any help you can give
\n

foig / 2010-11-28 21:00:42   

Hello!

\n\n

I really like this theme, its killer. Im curious though if you can make it so the menu/top section can be positioned elsewhere on the site, so if you didnt want it to be above your exhibitions, but below them, is that possible??

\n\n

Cheers guys
\nFergus

guyphenix / 2010-12-31 19:19:04   

Hey all and Happy New Year.
Been mixing about with this Columner theme and come up with this Guy Phenix.
My problem is none of my links in the exhibits are working aka within the "about me" exhibit.
Any advice?

This thread has been closed, thank you.