And You

IE8+iframes freeze computer

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

manos
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi there and thanks for living on this planet.
I'm putting my site together, loading content and going on and off line to check things.
I've used iframes to embed my blog into my site (/blog). Works perfectly everywhere except IE8. I'm a mac user so when I've heard about the problem from friends I tried it myself with VMware fusion. The blog appears strangely positioned and completely nonfunctional, plus when you try to move it with the scroll bars the program crashes.
I'm not familiar with coding, just what I've learned by making this site. Searched the forum, but no luck. Any ideas?
manoschatzikonstantis

arsondpi
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Καλησπέρα!

You might want to start by validating your page - some errors there might be breaking the code... (ignore the alt errors)

manos
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Γειά χαρά! Thanks for getting to it so quickly. I validated the page and I'm down to 4 errors 3 of them alt errors and this

Line 80, Column 23: document type does not allow element "style" here

which is something I never touched.

The page stills causes IE8 to freeze. I could of course drop iframes and link the blog out of the site and, but it would be great if it opened within. Any magic words to solve it?

arsondpi
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Things to check:

1.Switch to the Sample or Eatock template and check if it still crashes ie8...
2.Does the blog on it's own works in ie8?

(If you want to link to the actual blog then add a simple link in the post-nav area...)

manos
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

1. Did it. It still crashes.
2. The blog works great on its own on IE8

Yes I know, it's simple to link to the blog, it's just an external link, but still isn't it strange that it doesn't work with IE8. Maybe some incompatibility issue between iframes-Blogger-IE8???

a-propo, if I switch to columner-theme it doesn't work with IE8 and Safari. firefox is ok.

arsondpi
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

...well if the iframed plugin works with some other page (try inserting a different address other than a blogspot site) then it's not indexhibit or the plugins fault...

I can assume things but this has to do with trial and error...

As for the columner theme - I think it works..

Seriously I haven't bumped onto similar issues...

manos
GREECE
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I inserted www.in.gr a very common news site (I'm sure you know) and it produces exactly the same problem. I replaced the iframe blog link with a normal external link in the post-nav, and it works smoothly as expected. Crazy.
Had to take both links offline 'cause I'm working on something else now.
Well, tough luck I guess. when I grow old and learn coding I'll probably understand why. Still indexhibit is a great app.

thanks for now. If you have any solution in the future I'll be happy to give it a try

somnio
SOUTH KOREA
5 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi manos.
I have the exact same problem here.
www.possiblestory.com

it works with everywhere except IE8.
I tried to check on original version with my own but I have no idea what's wrong.

Please someone help us „Öú_„Öú

Tiemroth
DENMARK
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post
  1. Hi All
  2. New Indexhibit user here, I've had the same problem but found a solution, not sure it's the right one but it seems to work 
  3. in your themes index.php file i've added the this line just below the other meta ....
  4. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7">

it´s the same at activating the compatibility view in IE8

br
Kenneth

http://veringtiemroth.dk/index (testsite)

Tiemroth
DENMARK
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

sorry for the messed up post.
but i hope u get the idea anyway

SirEd
BRAZIL
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I'm having a similar error with this site i am designing, everytime i change the project, when i came back to a page with the tumblr (iframe) the explorer freezes... i hate ie!
www.camera.net
the iframe is the home... the other pages don't have iframe...
i tried what tiemroth said without success... :/

in the matter of fact i tried to validate and i get:
9 Errors, 3 warning(s)
just don't know what to do...

Showing 1 - 11 of 11 posts in Forum » Installation » IE8+iframes freeze computer

This thread has been closed, thank you.