Javascript in an exhibition page?

jopersona / 2010-02-28 18:34:18   

Many apologies for posting here as this is probably a customization question but no-one is looking at/answering my post in the 'customization' section, sooo :-(

Though I can do bits of HTML I know next to nothing about PHP/programming and after many hair-pulling hours trying I would be very grateful if someone could just tell me how I put some javascript (in this case to pull in my Picasa Web Gallery) into the HEAD tags of a single exhibition page (i.e. I don't want the gallery on every page) given that it seems there is no way of accessing the HEAD tags in the Indexhibit CMS? Do I have to create a HTML page instead? If so which bits of Indexhibit code can I safely take out of that so it will still bring in my stylesheet and dropdown menu jscript?

Thank you very much in advance, Jo

(my url is www.persona.myzen.co.uk)

arsondpi / 2010-02-28 19:20:21   

There's no need to double post - if someone did or knew about this you'd get an answer...

Generally when working with galleries like this you can use the iframe plugin from which you call an external page that has the actual gallery.

Alternatively ask a friend who knows how to code to help you insert the code in the text area or make a plugin that includes this code. The plugin method will allow you to insert javascript and css between your head tags of your page.

Maybe someone else who's worked out a picasa gallery can tell you more...

jopersona / 2010-02-28 20:20:33   

I apologise (again) for double-posting but no-one was responding at all to my post in the other section - even to say 'we can't help'- even that would have been useful! Maybe I just didn't explain the problem simply enough first time round?

Anwyay, I think my problem here basically boils down to how to insert javascript code into the HEAD tags of a single page so I will try your 'iFrame plug in', which you seem to be saying is the answer to that.

If anyone is using Picasa Web Albums on their sites I would be interested to know how they incorporated it.

Thanks for your help.

jopersona / 2010-02-28 23:39:26   

SUCCESS!

For those who are interested you can see here (temporarily at least as this is a work in progress and links will be changing) how I FINALLY, phew, got a Picasa Web Albums script to work in Indexhibit!

http://www.persona.myzen.co.uk/images/landscapes/

To summarise:

I had downloaded the Picasa Web Albums (PWA) jscript from here

http://www.paulvanroekel.nl/picasa-web-restyled/integrator/

and uploaded that to my server, but having limited knowledge of PHP etc I could not work out how to insert the jscript into the single indexhibit page where I wanted my Picasa Web Album to show up.

So, on the advice of arsondpi I also downloaded the iFrame plug in from Indexhibit Downloads page and followed the instructions.

I then basically then created a HTML file with the PWA jscript inside it, put the iFrame code into my indexhibit page to pull the page in and voila!

Hope this will be of some help to someone in the future!

This thread has been closed, thank you.