horizontal - body text position

christinayo / 2010-03-31 05:41:24   

Hi. So... I was looking for threads on this, but really couldn't find anything which would help me.

I am using the horizontal format, but I can't really figure out how to place the body text below the pictures. Right now it comes right in front of the first image. Like here:

http://christinahug.com/ongoing/philips-campaign/

Also I can't really figure out the HOME link. If I have a link open and then I want to go back to HOME, it will never go back to HOME. But why?

The picture I am using as HOME picture... how can it fill the entire space on the right side of the page, no matter what size the monitor would be?

I am using collapsible menus, but I have to manually close each of them. Can I programm it in a way that the open menue would close as soon as I open the next one?

I really really appreciate your help!

arsondpi / 2010-03-31 09:34:11   

Hello!

1. you have to customize the plugin for this...
2. I strongly suggest you validate your page - Lots of errors
3. Search the forum for the full background plugin...
4. Search the forum for the nine script...

christinayo / 2010-04-30 07:29:31   

1. can you give me a thread for this please? i tried and tried, but couldnt find it for text below image. really!

2. how? they popped up suddenly, i had checked earlier and all was fine. do you think i should re-install and start over?

3. downloaded and installed it but it doesnt show up??????!!!

4. now in most browsers my drop downs are not even dropping down anymore.

Help please! Very very appreciated!

arsondpi / 2010-04-30 11:39:07   

1) hmmm - not sure if it's been done before. You have to know code basics...

2) no - not really use the validator to fix things. Your meta tags are not closed for example...

3) Have you carefully read the DO_ME_FIRST.html file? Uploading the plugin doesn't automatically install it.

4) not sure - I think the nine script wants an updated version of jquery (but then again so does the full background plugin)

I suggest you take things one at a time.
Imagine a pile of coins - deal with the one on top (like most problems in life *sigh*)

christinayo / 2010-05-13 10:39:01   

1. ok. won't be able to do this. has anyone placed the body text above the images? is there a threat for that?

3. yes. i had not updated jquery even though it was the boldest message. did that now and checked all codes in index.php and style.css. still doesn't show up..

4. so since i have updated jquery....... what is it??

dealt with the one on top.. pondering :)

christinayo / 2010-05-13 10:59:23   

2. hmmmm. and the errors in my page are mainly about the full-background parts in my file. but i just copy pasted the code. what's wrong?

Christina Hug, Design

path = '/files/gimgs/'; $(document).ready(function()
{
    setTimeout('move_up()', 1);
    expandingMenu(0);
    expandingMenu(1);
    expandingMenu(2);
    expandingMenu(3);
    expandingMenu(4);
    expandingMenu(5);
    expandingMenu(6);
});

christinayo / 2010-05-13 10:59:49   

christinayo / 2010-05-13 11:00:52   
  1. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  2.     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Christina Hug, Design

path = '/files/gimgs/'; $(document).ready(function()
{
    setTimeout('move_up()', 1);
    expandingMenu(0);
    expandingMenu(1);
    expandingMenu(2);
    expandingMenu(3);
    expandingMenu(4);
    expandingMenu(5);
    expandingMenu(6);
});

1. </div></body><div id='the-background'><plug:full_background /></div>
  2. <div id="wrapper">
  3. </html>
christinayo / 2010-05-13 11:06:10   

sorry for the mess :-/

rickykappa / 2010-05-13 11:20:57   

christina, first of all erase this (I guess it's in index.php):

< div id='the-background'>< /div>
< div id="wrapper">

can't stay after the < /body> tag closing!

I'd suggest to first work in order to make the site functional without the background plugin and after try to use it. ;-)

christinayo / 2010-05-13 12:18:18   

hmm yes ok. deleted all that behind the
thanks, i'm on 4 out of 7 errors now :)

christinayo / 2010-05-19 11:17:38   

ok. does anyone have an idea why the drop down menu is still not working even after updating the jquery?

arsondpi / 2010-05-19 12:18:12   

it works fine on my machine. Check it in a different browser - maybe you're having browser cache issues (it's the third time I'm typing this last sentence today...)

christinayo / 2010-06-09 06:29:08   

It works! Thanks a ton, it was solved by updating then.

One more problem:
I have reduced the width of the body text and it worked in all links, but not in "Magazine/Reports/Brochures". I can't figure out why.

Whenever I place text in any sublink of "Magazine/Reports/Brochures", the width is too much and the last image drops down to a second line, below all the others. You can see that happening in the "Vossius und Engel" link right now.

Any suggestions?

rickykappa / 2010-06-09 08:13:00   

this might not directly answer your question, but as far as I know the format you're using now with #long-sandy-beach (try to search the forum) is somehow deprecated and horizontal format is used instead

This thread has been closed, thank you.