Section links - anyone can help?

bin / 2010-04-21 10:33:34   

it's a question about section links. There are some threads about similar topic, but I can't find any clear solutions yet... belive me, I spent hours already.:)

This is my Webpage

1) At the monent, my "contact" link only works via a submenu, is that possible to link the "contact" directly to my contact page?

2) I read from another thread about'section in section', but the link is not working. See my menu "what is it". There suppose a linked page under this menu.

bin / 2010-04-21 10:35:38   

Sorry, I think i should tag my thread in Customize section. is that possible to switch it?

blameme / 2010-04-21 12:14:56   

Hi Bin,

1) i´m not sure but I think you can hardcode it? anyone? or use the same technique you´re using for "what is it"

2) Link works, but links back to the same page.

bin / 2010-04-21 15:27:39   

Links works? but I can see the content of "what is it" when I click it.

bin / 2010-04-21 15:44:39   

sorry, I meant I can't see the content of "what is it" when i click it.

for the cotact page, i tried same technique which i used for "what is it", but the link doesn't work then....

maybe i have to add some plugin to switch a section title into a link, but i don't know how....

arsondpi / 2010-04-21 19:27:02   

You can hardcode things directly in your index.php - just before <plug:front_index />...

1. <ul>
  2. <li><a href='YOUR_URL'>Contact</a></li>
  3. </ul>
  4. <plug:front_index />

Please do not crosspost as this does not help others finding things. Thanks.

bin / 2010-04-22 08:24:38   

thanks Aarsodpi,

I tried with your suggestion, (for suggestion 2. I put the URL of 'my contact content' in stead of 'Your_url')

unfortunaltey it's still now working. this is how it looksWebpage

I am bit of stucked here..... really hope it can be fixed.

arsondpi / 2010-04-22 10:09:29   

First of all this address http://www.rgbdesign.nl/portfolio/index.php?/contact/ set as a URL does not exist.
Second of all delete all the expanding menu stuff from your index.php

1. ¬†¬†¬†¬†expandingMenu(0);  
  2. ¬†¬†¬†¬†expandingMenu(1);  
  3. ¬†¬†¬†¬†expandingMenu(2); 
  4.     expandingMenu(3);
  5.     expandingMenu(4);
  6.     expandingMenu(5);
  7.     expandingMenu(6);
  8.     expandingMenu(7);
  9.     expandingMenu(8);

because you do not have 9 sections to begin with. You just need this:

1. ¬†¬†¬†¬†expandingMenu(2);  
  2.     expandingMenu(3);

because section 2 and 4 are actually expandable.

bin / 2010-04-22 10:33:05   

thanks for the quick reply.

I also thought my URL address for contact was bit of strange, that's what I got from the address bar when I published the contact page.

How can I get the correct URL for my contact page then?

or I should keep 'href='YOUR_URL' like the way it is?

thanks again for your help.

arsondpi / 2010-04-22 13:05:35   

I would not know what it's called - try unpublishing it then publishing it and set "Hide from index" to "Off". View your site, get the right url, edit the link and set "Hide from index" to "On"

bin / 2010-04-22 17:09:21   

yes, it works now. I am sooooooo pleased. Thanks Aarsondpi.

well, to summarize it. The main problem that my Contact links doesn't work is because of the expandingMenu is on. Once I removed the expanding menu as you suggested, it works then. I didn't have to hardcode the UL link for contact in index.php.

Thanks again, I will move on now with my website and keep you informed if there is any progress ( hopefully not prolbems). :)

Karol / 2011-02-25 06:52:50   

Hi guys,
Not sure if this is right thread... I looked through the forum but can’t find solution to my problem.
This is my website: http://karolbednarczyk.com
In the expandable “Blog” menu I have “Newest”, “Photography” and “Design” sections. I would like to get rid of “Newest” and make “Blog” displaying my newest posts.
Is it possible? If yes, how I can achieve that?

callesen1 / 2011-08-19 07:24:00   

spam?

This thread has been closed, thank you.