Expanding Menu, Shadowbox conflict

dede / 2010-04-21 22:46:52   

Hi.

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if I'm doing it wrong.

My company is redoing there website using Indexhibit. We've got everything built and loaded up but some of our customizations seem to be conflicting. We've created an expandable menu that closes automatically when another item is opened. We're using shadow boxes to display our videos. The last piece is to create a consistent navigation bar. Because the about and contact pages are exhibits that link directly rather than opening a submenu, I used the jquery contains:() selector to apply css which matches our section titles.

I can get all of these to work individually. The problem seems to be putting them together. The expanding menu works consistently. The Shadowbox and Selector, however, seem to stop working whenever they feel like it. Upon loading the home page, you will notice that "about" and "contact" are not styled. if you click the play button, the video opens in a new window, rather than in a shadow box. Click on any one of the exhibits or the contact page, and the Selector, CSS, and Shadowbox work perfectly.

I'm so lost. I'm a beginner with php and jquery so i'm sure i'm missing something small. Any advice would be a huge help.

Here is the code from my index.php

1. <plug:front_lib_css />
  2. <plug:front_dyn_css />

< /script>

path = '/files/gimgs/';

$(document).ready(function()
{
Shadowbox.init({
language: "en",
players: ["qt"],
overlayOpacity:0.9
});

//ndxz_expanding_loader();

$("li:contains('About')").css("font-size","120%").css("color","#231F20").css(
"font-weight","800");

$("li:contains('Contact')").css("font-size","120%").css("color","#231F20").css(
"font-weight","800");

setTimeout('move_up()', 1);
expandingMenu(0);
expandingMenu(1);
expandingMenu(2);
expandingMenu(3);
expandingMenu(4);

});

you can see the site Here

dede / 2010-04-21 22:48:36   

Also, sorry for the way the code turned out. Again, first time posting,

bonuslazer / 2010-05-22 05:08:26   

how did you get shadowbox to work with indexhibit and videos? I been trying to get that functioning for a few days...

bonuslazer / 2010-05-22 05:09:26   

"click here" is the link

altarbeast testing

bonuslazer / 2010-06-25 00:43:48   

I kinda gave up on shadowbox for now and just stuck with embedding my flash video player straight into the page above the slideshow area. Pretty happy with the results:

example: sample project

This thread has been closed, thank you.