problem displaying install.php

thomasg / 2008-03-17 11:35:41   

hello,
i need some help, please:

i have an apache server on linux an i also changed the permissions, so everything is supposed to be ok. now i´m trying to install indexhibit, but i just see source code: http://www.wirhabenvielvor.de/ndxz-studio/install.php
what can i do?

thanks

thomas

Vaska A / 2008-03-17 12:08:35   

Means your server does not have PHP installed or working. Tell your host...

jpdesdeny / 2008-07-11 05:41:07   

I believe my inquire fits in this thread:
I'm about to install indexhibit and start having all the fun, but I have one question that I'm not able to answer,
Is it my host the one who has to have PHP? or it's me, here at my home computer, from where I'm generating all the content?
Maybe a dumb question, but I'm new to all this PHP language.
I already have my MySQL data and everything.

Thanks a lot,
Juan

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-07-11 11:40:49   

PHP is what is called a "server side scripting language", so yes, it needs to be on the server in order to use it.

But, you can also install it on your computer in order to make a test platform and test your PHP scripts before uploading them to your host server.

I hope this help you get around the basics. If you google a bit, you can get much more information/help about PHP.

kerismith / 2008-11-26 02:01:15   

I think I am having a similar problem. I am able to log in fine, but the page is not displaying properly. you can see a screenshot here. I ran phpinfo.php and it seems to be running properly. I am new to php so maybe i am missing something? I am on a unix server.

Any ideas?

thanks,
keri

kerismith / 2008-12-03 00:57:31   

Should I post this question in another place? still haven't found an answer.

Vaska A / 2008-12-03 01:04:52   

This is the right place...I never saw your question before...

This is a really weird thing going on. It seems like a file is outputting the processes in the order they happen...but this is not something the system would do (I don't have it setup for debugging to do that).

Try reuploading your files...but do not upload your /ndxz-studio/config/ folder and contents...you need to keep what's in there or you will lose everything.

Let us know what happens...

unttld / 2008-12-03 03:28:28   

@kerismith that has happened to me before-not cause of indexhibit-from the server corrupting files after a crash/restart-some put a magnet on the hdd type of thing. Or something like that anyway.

Vaska's suggestion should the trick.

mateo / 2009-02-15 19:58:35   

Hi! I do have some problem when trying to install. When I reach install.php I see two messages and it doesn't allow me to select language to proceed... (dropmenu says Make a Selection, but there are no options under it)

The messages are:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Sites\Single26\meetsebastian\webroot\indexhibit\ndxz-studio\helper\html.php on line 18

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Sites\Single26\meetsebastian\webroot\indexhibit\ndxz-studio\helper\html.php on line 18

Vaska A / 2009-02-15 20:15:14   

C:???

Means you are on a Windows based server...will not work. Need Linux/Apache.

mateo / 2009-02-16 16:33:02   

Solved. Thanks.
My host provider said it was running on Linux but it was not. Human error... Brr brr

NicoW / 2009-06-16 11:45:47   

Hello!

This is what I see when tyring to install indexhibit:
http://www.nicowasserman.com/ndxz-studio/install.php

Screen grab here: http://twitpic.com/7jbqp

I am very new to web design. I checked with my host provider and they say my site is Linux and PHP 5 so not sure what the problem is. Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

NicoW / 2009-06-16 11:48:07   

Hello!

This is what I see when tyring to install indexhibit:
http://www.nicowasserman.com/ndxz-studio/install.php

Screen grab here: http://twitpic.com/7jbqp

I am very new to web design. I checked with my host provider and they say my site is Linux and PHP 5 so not sure what the problem is. Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

Vaska A / 2009-06-16 13:32:14   

Show your host and ask them why your site is not running PHP.

NicoW / 2009-06-17 13:16:55   

Sorted - my package did not include a database so have upgraded to one that does

jimcooke / 2009-07-22 02:53:31   

please help! I've installed the files, uploaded them via dreamweaver, and set the permissions, but when I go to the install file, I get a page of html code. My host is Earthlink, I've had it for years... and I'm sure they support php. What do I do?

jimcooke / 2009-07-22 07:10:01   

Ok. Turns out earthlink is a dirty, dirty hemorrhoid. I found a colleague who can host my site from now on, and things seem to be in working order so far. So now I'm ready to ride. Ride like the wind. To make it to the border of Mexico.

If this actually works, count me in for donating because I love how your stuff looks on other sites.

thanks!

arsondpi / 2009-07-22 07:50:13   

...a server host that is a dirty, dirty hemorrhoid... the next tim burton movie perhaps? ‚ò∫

timhawkins / 2009-11-29 19:39:49   

Hi,

I'm trying to install Indexhibit but I keep getting a page of code instead of the installer (pic here)

This is the server info from my host:

VistaPanel version: 2.4.0 RC1
Operating system: Linux
Apache version: 2.2.12 (Unix)
PHP version: 5.2.10
MySQL version: 5.0.84

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

parnoldalmer / 2009-12-02 02:40:27   

Hi, I'm having a problem getting the install to come up. A 404 error message always appears, saying the files aren't on the server. But my host says that they're in the root file where they're supposed to be. Should I just delete the files off the ftp and start over again? I know my host can host indexhibit because it came recommended from a friend who uses it for his site.

thanks!

dre / 2009-12-21 20:11:51   

Hi, I'm having a problem to to install indexhibit.
When I have to go to my browser with the folowing link:
http://www.andreamircetic.com/ndxz-studio/install.php
I see an Error code, with 'NOT FOUND'
I have my php and all the codes it shuld work...
Can someone please help me??!!

thanx

Andrea

Vaska A / 2009-12-21 20:13:47   

Yes, because you didn't install it properly...but here it is anyways.

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-16 15:45:02   

Hi,

I have been trying to install the Indexhibit and Im stock in the database section. I already install 3 webs with Indexhibit and I never had problems at all apart of this one.

I called my host provider daily.co.uk and they provide me with the all information and still XX Please check your config settings again. The details are ok because i can access to the php.admin they provide.

Any clue why its not going forward?
www.d-burodesign.com

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-16 15:46:45   

this is what they send me
Description    d-burodesign.com
Database Name    dburod2_1
Username    dburod2_1
Server    db1
Password ..............

Vaska A / 2010-02-16 16:27:44   

Host name is wrong...

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-16 16:47:49   

In which sense you think they are wrong?

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-16 18:01:27   

Thank you Vaska but Which Hostname is wrong?

Vaska A / 2010-02-16 18:03:36   

What to ask your webhost...

Send the second part to your host requesting this information specifically.

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-16 18:48:47   

Thank you Vaska, thats what they send me.

Hi,

You can view your exiting database information, or create a new database, via your Daily account by going to the Hosting section and then to MySQL Databases.

Description d-burodesign.com
Database Name dburod2_1
Username dburod2_1
Server db1
Password ..............

Vaska A / 2010-02-16 18:50:52   

But there is not 'host' here. Unless it's description...and that looks wrong to me. The 'server' would not work as well. It's very clear to me that you don't have all the info you need.

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-16 19:15:04   

Hi Vaska,

This are the details of my account and then

Settings for this hosting account    
Account type    Linux Home Hosting    
Web site address    d-burodesign.com    
SFTP/FTP server    webhost.daily.co.uk    
SFTP/FTP username    dburod2    
Home Directory (for use in scripts)    /mnt/vol1/home/d/b/dburod2/    
Upload Folder    public_html    
Current status    active    
Disk Quota    1 MB out of 3000 MB    
Data Transfer    183.62 KB out of 30.00 GB    
Data Transfer Alert sent at    80% (Edit)    
Operating System    CentOS Linux    

and then this are my details I have not got more any clue
Thank you

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-17 08:36:44   

Hi Vaska,

This are the details of my account and then

Settings for this hosting account
Account type Linux Home Hosting
Web site address d-burodesign.com
SFTP/FTP server webhost.daily.co.uk
SFTP/FTP username dburod2
Home Directory (for use in scripts) /mnt/vol1/home/d/b/dburod2/
Upload Folder public_html
Current status active
Disk Quota 1 MB out of 3000 MB
Data Transfer 183.62 KB out of 30.00 GB
Data Transfer Alert sent at 80% (Edit)
Operating System CentOS Linux

and then this are my details I have not got more any clue
Thank you

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-17 09:29:46   

Hi there, I wrote them today and thats what they said.

** Hi I've been trying to set up my web and I cant find this DATABASE HOST Name?
www.d-burodesign.com

Thanks **
[Daily.co.uk Sales Advisor]
Hi, you're through to the Daily Livechat service for any sales or general product enquiries (excluding Technical queries). The database host name for your script should be "db1".

I've putting db1 as a database server and nothing happens .. please help!!!!

Vaska A / 2010-02-17 09:40:11   

I've never heard of a hostname like that one...except 'localhost'.

I don't have any ideas on this.

meltingcreativa / 2010-02-17 11:13:15   

Done... Vaska everything was correct. I swap to firefox with the same info details and thats it. Dont know why I had problems with safari.

Thank you

Vaska A / 2010-02-17 11:14:46   

That's really very weird...the browser (especially Safari) shouldn't make a difference at all.

Anyways, happy to hear you are on your way now.

;)

sementality / 2010-03-18 19:55:28   

I am having such a fight trying to get the install page up.
I have a domain name and hosting with the same company (123-reg), I have the plus package so it supports php and it has a database. I have downloaded Cyberduck, I have all my database details and my SQL. I have changed the permissions and put the indexhibit folder into my root folder (public_hmtl)

I have emailed 123-reg to see if it is something to do with them and they have confirmed that it has everything it needs.

Your Database name: n1inamillioncouk_474106_db
Username: u1inami_474106_1
Hostname: cust-mysql-123-01

I dont even need that to get to the install page.

When i type in my domain www.1in-a-million.co.uk/ndxz-studio/install.php it comes up with this.

'Not Found

The requested URL /ndxz-studio/install.php was not found on this server.
Apache Server at www.1in-a-million.co.uk Port 80'

I am so sure i have done everything right and i'm so confused

could somebody give me some idea on where i may have gone wrong? I have asked 123 reg and they sent me this..

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 18th March 2010.

Please could you confirm the database password so I can test here for you?

Please can you correctly input your MySQL details into the indexhibitv070e/ndxz-studio/config/ config.example.php as I think that script config file is what is causing the error.

Unfortunatley 'Indexhibit' is third party software and as such, we cannot offer installation or usage support as this software was not provided by ourselves.

123-Reg do not offer comprehensive scripting support I'm afraid so the first point of contact/correction should be the software vendor or script author themselves as they will have experience of the software you have installed. Then, any changes server -side they can suggest that will allow your script again to function, we will be happy to look into and if appropriate, implement for you.

your help would be brilliant.

richardn / 2010-03-18 20:26:54   

You could search these forums for '123 reg'.

Maybe this thread will help.

sementality / 2010-03-18 20:38:43   

Thanks. That thread was more about images than getting to the install page.

I have been looking all day and read a lot about people who have had the same problem, they all seemed to be sorted by little things such as not putting the files in the root folder and so on, Im after some suggestions really of where i could have gone wrong.

richardn / 2010-03-18 22:13:12   

Sorry that didn't help. I'm a beginner with indexhibit so can't really advise. One thing though - I see you're uploading the indexhibit folder. The installation instructions say upload the contents of the folder. (I doubt that's the issue here, assuming your using the right path with your URLs.)

sementality / 2010-03-18 22:41:44   

If you had just told me that in person i would have given you the biggest kiss you have ever had!

I knew it would be simple. You were right it was because i was putting the folder in and not the files.

Thank you ever so much!

davco9200 / 2010-03-21 18:28:11   

I googled and I don't see my problem listed here. I just did a fresh install of indexhibit and when I try to load install.php, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_replace() in /usr/home/davis/www/roughgroove/ndxz-studio/defaults.php on line 51

Any suggestions on what is going on / what I can do to fix it?

Vaska A / 2010-03-21 19:15:01   

Something is really wrong with your server if that error message comes up - show it to your host. This isn't an Indexhibit issue.

pimkersten / 2010-03-23 02:25:00   

Hi Vaska,

I am having the same 'no-scrolling-down-menu' problem too. i can't select a language and/or push 'next'.
Any suggestion would be great.
Thanks.

http://www.pimkersten.com/ndxz-studio/install.php

lemathieu A / 2010-03-23 08:21:30   

@ everybody

If you don't have the language choice, that means you're on a Windows server. You need a Linux/Apache.

Ask your host to be transfered.

dmatthews / 2010-06-27 09:17:27   

Hi,

having a problem when I get to the install page, essentially when I go to my site to continue the installation I'm just getting the html code, any suggestions why this is happening would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

link to site...
d-matthews

Vaska A / 2010-06-27 10:07:19   

If you see code it means that your PHP is not enabled - tell your host.

mehdi / 2010-07-11 13:46:35   

Hi! I have some problem when trying to install. When I reach install.php I see two messages and it doesn't allow me to select language to proceed... (dropmenu says Make a Selection, but there are no options under it)

I know this is a windows server but PHP should be installed also.
The messages are:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\www\g\o\d\godspill.net\public_html\MehdiRouchiche\ndxz-studio\helper\html.php on line 18

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\www\g\o\d\godspill.net\public_html\MehdiRouchiche\ndxz-studio\helper\html.php on line 18
Language

Thanks for your help ;-)

Vaska A / 2010-07-11 13:57:24   

You are on a Windows based server - the system requirements say Linux/Apache. Just ask your host to switch you to the right kind of server...

lemathieu A / 2010-07-11 13:58:59   

Hello,

I know this is a windows server

? Did you read the requirements ?
Did you read this thread ? And my post (just 3 post before yours) ?
It won't work on Window server, sorry.

This thread has been closed, thank you.